Chapter 3

It is so hard to think.... So many distractions, so many new things. My body, this place, these people...

I feel like I could understand if I could just think.

The beast inside of me is riled, angered by the inability for thought. My humanity is absolutely fascinated. The clash is inevitable.

My eyes move away from my paw..... foot... to survey my surroundings. The floor is green. A blue green. A pale green? A mint green? A true green?

Green. It's green. The end.

What's green again?

This is beyond frustrating...

"Oka, take it slow."

I am standing. I want to growl. Don't growl? Growl? What do humans do when they are angry? Flail? Wail?

Whale?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Mansom watched the new Oka, now only accompanied by Toriko. Coco had foreseen a monster coming to his hometown and left, Komatsu leaving shortly after to resume his work. Only Toriko had stayed to keep an eye on the very much confused Oka.

"He keeps staring at things."

"This is likely the most control his human blood has had in a long time. His human curiosity makes him fascinated by new things."

"Won't that make his other half mad? Since they're supposed to be balanced, it would seem odd for one to be in control."

"Oka is the one in control. There are sides to him, but he is ultimately the only being. Besides, between you and me, I doubt he'll stay in this form for much longer."

"He's going to destroy his body again?!"

"I doubt it. He's stubborn, that one, but he can't completely change like that without becoming very exhausted. He hasn't eaten anything since then, so he'll likely... Oh?"

Mansom's gaze focuses on Oka as a low rumble fills the room. Toriko turns to watch as Oka stares at the tiled floor with a frustrated expression. An aura of intense rage begins to flicker into existence, making the blue-haired man's hair stand on end. Toriko felt an instinctive urge to flee, but also found himself fascinated by the sight before him.

Oka's body was shadowed by what appeared to be a skeletal wolf, the being much like that of his own red ogre. Toriko's eyes widened as he realized that the rage was coming from the now-silent Oka, who suddenly seemed very small in contrast to the beast. The activation of his Gourmet cells flared, the beast opening its jaws in such a way that Toriko immediately thought of the Nitro.

And then it was gone in the blink of an eye.

Toriko's gaze fell back to the small figure. Inky ears twitched atop his head, a matching ebony tail swishing from behind. Instead of feet, he had paws the size of the average dinner plate, the transition ended just before his knee. Oka stretched, a cracking noise echoing through the silent room. He hit the side of his head as if he had water in his ear before sighing and turning towards Mansom and Toriko.

"That's better... As I thought, my human blood can't be in control."

Mansom grins, laughing. Toriko smiles at the obvious change in Oka. Now an actual conversation could be held, rather than the wolf-man sitting at a table completely brain dead.

"Took you long enough, Okamiryuu!"

"It's incredibly difficult to think as a pure human, not to mention extremely uncomfortable. But now I can at least manage it by upping the ratio."