Chapter 2

"WHAT?" Maeve screeched. "You tried to blow up a planet? What on Crythim were you thinking?!"

"Sorry boss." The two partners mumbled, heads down.

"You two are supposed to be role models! The best of the best partnered together and they almost blow up a planet? Ridiculous!"

"But boss, I had nothing to do with it! Arylyn is the one who tried to blow up Icithun!" Elowen protested. Maeve shot the girl a spine chilling look.

"A partnership is 50/50, Arylyn is just as much to blame as yourself." Maeve chided as Elowen held back a groan.  "Go to your dorms as I decide the consequences."

The two walked down the hall to their shared dorm room, ignoring the surprised looks from the other duos. Everyone must of heard the news of the top pair's screw up.  The two went into their room and headed straight for their beds.

Elowen climbed to her bunk and listened to the sounds of Arylyn clambering into his. "This is all your fault." She stated.

"I know." He stated dejectedly. Elowen was disheartened by his tone of voice and immediately felt bad for being so mean.

"I'm sorry for almost demolishing Icithun." Arylyn apologized. The two sat in silence before bursting out into laughter.

"I still don't understand how you got the chance to try? When did you sneak off?" Elowen asked after calming down.

"Uh it's a long story and I don't think you'd be happy with the answer. I'll keep quiet for now." Arylyn said before smiling.  Elowen nodded.

"What do you think Maeve will do?"

"Probably nothing, everyone knows you're the favorite."

"Well it is hard to be this perfect." Elowen joked.

"Mhm."