Chapter 3

"Oi! Wake up! Maeve wants to talk to you guys!" Someone yelled, banging on the door. From the inside two groans were emitted and eyes were rubbed.

"Up Up Up Up!" Elowen yelled at her non-moving partner.

"Shut up." Arylyn mumbled, face shoved in a pillow.

Eventually, the two sleepy teens crawled out of their respective beds and got decent enough to see Maeve. They entered her office apprehensive and nervous. Would they be put on probation? Would they be on training duty? The possibilities were honestly as endless as a the mass of a black hole.

Maeve stared the two teens down before beginning to speak. "I'm disappointed with you two, wholeheartedly. I've decided your punishment." The partners shared a glance of dismay before looking back at their boss. "You will be working on Mission Alatheia." The duo looked at each other in shock.

"Y...You can't send us there!" Arylyn spluttered.

"For once I agree with the idiot. You can't send us there! No one that has gone there has ever came back! We lost contact with them ages ago. It isn't safe. You'd be making our punishment death!" Elowen protested. Her hands shook in a mix of fear and anger.

"You are the best duo we've ever had. If anyone is going to make it you two will." Maeve reasoned

Elowen and Arylyn were silent, scrambling to think of an excuse. Maeve clapped loudly. "Great you start preparing tomorrow."