5

"What was your first kiss like?" Camila asks, laying out on the couch, her head in Lauren's lap.

"I don't know. Quick," Lauren responds nonchalantly, playing with the younger girl's hair.

"That's it? That's all you remember?"

"Yeah, I mean it was my first boyfriend. It was no big deal. I don't think I even really liked the kid that much."

"Then why were you dating him?"

Lauren lets out a chuckle, "I guess because he had a crush on me. But it was hardly 'dating' at that age, we kissed once and broke up a few months later."

Camila frowns slightly, but Lauren doesn't notice.

"I want my first kiss to be memorable. I want there to be fireworks."

Lauren looks down, puzzled, "Wait, you've never been kissed?"

"No," Camila responds quietly.

"Wow, what was wrong with the boys at your school?" Lauren asks, floored at the idea that none of them had tried to date the gorgeous girl staring up at her.

"I was never very popular so they didn't even try. Not that I ever wanted to kiss any of them anyways..."

Camila doesn't elaborate on the thought, but she won't meet Lauren's gaze for the next half hour. It wouldn't have mattered anyway because Lauren's gaze keeps resting on the other girl's lips.

Suddenly, Lauren has this weird feeling in the pit of her stomach. She doesn't know where to place it, though, so she doesn't give it a second thought.