8

It's not like Lauren has anything against gay people. She's actually a very open-minded person, it's just that none of her friends ended up being gay. What are the odds?

After one of their shows, Lauren's outside smoking when their tour manager, Gina, comes out. Lauren just smirks because Gina knows that she does this sometimes, and she's the only one on the tour who won't rat Lauren out.

Well, besides Camila.

"Busted," the other woman says, walking over to sit down next to the girl.

Lauren rolls her eyes and offers the woman her pack of cigarettes. Gina takes one and lights it.

"Hey, I wanted to ask you something," Lauren starts, exhaling a puff of smoke, "how did you know that you were into chicks?"

"Did the nicotine go to your head?" Gina replies.

"Shut up. I'm just curious. None of my friends ever ended up gay so I had no one to ask."

"Ah yes, the classic straight girl inquisition," the older woman chuckles, "I always knew I guess. I had crushes on girls growing up. I always was more attracted to them than any boys in my class. They always held my attention. I just didn't realize what that meant until I was older."

Lauren just nods silently, unsure of what she expected the other woman to say. She figured it would have been more defining than that. Like a lightbulb moment. But the response was so simple.

"You okay, Jauregui? You wondering if a girl-crush is a real crush?"

She knows that Gina is just kidding by her tone but her reply is hardly convincing.

"No, of course not. I was just curious."

Before the older woman can say anything else, the door to the stage flies open and a tiny figure comes running outside.

"Lauren Jauregui! What do you think you're doing! You promised me we would watch the next episode of Skins after our set," Camila half-yells as she marches over to the two figures sitting on the cement wall.

Lauren's laughing but Camila grabs the cigarette out of her mouth and throws it behind the older girl.

"Camz, you're supposed to put those out before you fling them away. That's how fires start, you know."

Camila places her hands on Lauren's cheeks and puts on her 'fake-angry' face.

"You know I hate when you smoke."

"I can't help it. If you want me to keep up my image as a badass, I must continue."

Camila drops her hands and sighs, "I do enjoy badass-Lauren."

"See? I'm doing this for you," Lauren responds, puppy-dog-eyes in full effect.

"Whatever. Come on, you need to shower before everyone can smell how 'badass' you are. And then I need you to get your butt on that bus so I can watch the next episode."

"Fine," the older girl breathes out before she jumps up on her feet, "I'll be in your bunk in a half hour, tops."

"You haven't even bought me dinner yet! What kind of girl do you take me for?" Camila playfully jokes as she walks back inside the venue.

Lauren just smirks and turns to say goodbye to Gina, but when she does the older woman is giving her a look.

The kind of look that says, 'are you sure you were "just curious"?'

Lauren doesn't like it.

"You two aren't going to watch Austin's set?" Gina says instead, the look disappearing quickly.

"Do we ever?" Lauren responds before walking back inside herself.

Tell Me How To Reach You (CamrenOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara