Things Change, People Change

*Couple Weeks Later*

Journal

Dear Journal, (hates the word Diary)

~  It's been a couple weeks since, well you know. Nick and I were still dating and I was happy. Well, I mean we aren't perfect but we aren't bad. I don't think so anyways. Teresa and Ethan are dating too and they seem to be doing good. I guess she was right he is different around her, maybe she changes him for the better.

~   Oh I almost forgot ...well.... Nathan. We haven't talked since and I haven't seen him at school. I've asked Ethan and Teresa and even they don't know. I'm worried about him, but why? I shouldn't be because he left me. I mean.. I don't know. Maybe I miss him,  or not I just know that I can't get him out of my thoughts. Things have changed, he has changed. I know school isn't his favorite place but he shouldn't miss 7 weeks.

  ~   On the bright side homecoming is coming up soon and I can't believe I'm saying this but im excited to go. Nick hasn't asked me yet but I'm hoping he will. Ethan asked Teresa last week and she hasn't lived it down yet.

"I still can't believe that Ethan asked me. My life will never be the same!" She screeched thinking aloud. I sighed shutting my journal and resting my head on Nicks shoulder. We were laying down on my couch cuddled up while Teresa was sitting in my chair.

"Oh sorry am I talking aloud? I'll shut up..." She murmured. Nick laughed, while I just sat there thinking about how amazing it would be if he asked already.

"So Nick who ya planning on going to homecoming with?" Teresa asked nonchalantly. I shot her a look and she smiled in return.

"Oh just someone really special." He smiled before kissing my cheek. It was as if he was securing my thoughts. I blushed and snuggled into him more. He wrapped his arms around me and soon I fell asleep.

*next day*

I woke up with a crook in my neck. I realised I fell asleep on the couch. Nick was still here with me and he was on his phone.

"Mmmmm.....what time is it?" I yawned.

"8:40 a.m." He smiled down at me. I looked up at him and turned so I was laying flat on my stomach. That's when I realized he wasn't wearing a shirt. I froze completely and sat there shocked.

"Hey Ale- Woah damn!" Victoria laughed walking in on me and him. Well I couldn't really say walking in on us because we were in the living room. "Why aren't you at school?"

"Didn't wake up." I snapped.

"Well dad just got up and is coming down here soon so hope you can explain." As if on cue he came down the stairs and immediately stopped when he saw us.

"What the hell!" He shouted. "Get off her, wh-hat get up! Why aren't you at school! Who is he, what is he doing here, where's his shirt!" My dad screamed. Nick jumped up accidentally pushing me off him and reaching for his shirt. I scrambled up and walked over to my dad.

"D-dad it's not what it's looks like-" I spoke truthfully before being cut off.

"Get in the car!" He growled.

"But dad-"

"I said get in the car!" He shouted. I ran to the car and broke down crying. I sat there with my knees pulled up into my lap. I watched as Nick ran out of my house with my dad yelling in the distance. He stomped over to the car along with Victoria and they got into the car.

"Dad please let me explain." I sobbed.

"Alex you've changed, not for the better. I don't know what happened. It's that boy-"

"Dad there is nothing wrong with Nick!"

"Not Nick, the other one...ever since he left it's like you've left too. You aren't the same anymore." He sighed tears starting to stream down his face.

"Dad things change...people change."