Chapter 4: I'm a real life hell's angel

She walked through the doors of the clinic, the cool air hitting her face made her smile. The setting sun was behind her and without realizing it she had opened her wings, holding them out behind her, the setting sun working to dry off the feathers. The blood was drying, sticking the feathers together. She could feel it, and the desire to shower was growing. She needed to cleanse her body, get rid of the dirt, sweat and other nasty things before her wounds got infected. Not to mention she wanted to learn how to fly. That was an activity for tomorrow though. And she had no clue where she would be staying. 

   Her wings folded back behind her, the tips dragging on the floor as she turned and walked back into the clinic. Will or Nico would know where to put her. Right as she was about to pass though the door way, she heard the sound of hooves on densely packed earth and turned towards the sound. Only to see a centaur galloping her way. She knew who it was, of course she did. She remembered him. He was an old friend, Violet's mentor for a short time. The one and only Chiron. 

   Chiron's white coat was seemingly spotless and his hooves looked shiny. She knew why, and it was particularly hilarious. Vi had caught him in the act once. He liked to paint his hooves with a glossy topcoat of nail polish when he had free time. She hadn't let him live that one down, and probably never would. 

   Upon seeing her his face took on a rosy tint, she smirked knowing exactly why. "I love what you've done to your..." He cut her off, placing a large hand over her mouth and shushing her. She smirked as he spoke. "I thought we agreed never to speak of that again." He moved his hand away and gave her a chance to respond. "Fine. But I need to know where I'll be staying at your fancy camp Mr. Centaur." 

   They smiled at the joke before becoming more serious. That's when he stopped looking down at her and instead began focusing on a spot directly above her head. She was too afraid to look up at first, mostly due to the fact that it had stunned Chiron into silence. Not very many things did that anymore. But she did, and what she saw confused her beyond belief. An odd symbol floated above her head. 

   A skeleton with wings was coming out of a set of double doors, a set of keys in its outstretched hand. It was creepy and a bit frightening. But what frightened her most was that Violet knew what it meant. It was the symbol of the Greek god Thanatos. The personification of death himself. She also knew what that symbol meant. Chiron had explained that the floating symbols above his campers heads meant that they were children of the gods. And even before the symbol appeared she had a feeling her mentor knew who she was. 

   Chiron let out a sigh, "I guess I do know where you'll be staying Miss Arum." He stepped up onto the porch and leaned forwards and through the doorway of the clinic, shouting for Nico. He and Will exited the building almost instantly, and with just enough time to see the fading symbol above Vi's head. "Violet will be rooming with you Mr. Di Angelo. I trust you will find her a suitable weapon and provide a tour around camp come tomorrow." He turned to leave, but seeming to remember something he turned and looked back on them. "Also, Dionysus will probably wish to see you after your tour."

   He trotted off and back towards the big blue house a bit farther up the hill, leaving them alone. Will kissed Nico's cheek and said something Violet couldn't quite hear before heading off to a golden cabin. The son of Hades lead his friend away, towards his cabin and her new home for however long she wished to stay. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry about the short chapter guys... Thanks to all of you who are reading this and feel free to correct any mistakes I make. You're all awesome and thanks for reading!! I'll try to come up with another chapter soon... That's all for now.