Episode 2 ▶ Consequently

"Jesus, the trash needs to go out." Said Lena to a very hyperactive Jesus as she discarded the scraps of fruit she just finished cutting up. Jesus rolled his skateboard toward her and she stopped him by putting her hand out in front of him. "I shouldn't have to remind you."

"I took it out yesterday." Jesus argued.

"Well, it's full again. And get off your skateboard, please." She told him. He did as he was told, while Jude sat at the table between Callie and I, quietly.

I let out a loud yawn, unintentionally. "Excuse me." I said softly.

"Didn't sleep well last night?" Lena asked from the sink. I shook my head. "No, bad dream but I'm fine, thank you."

"You sure?" Callie asked me, as I felt Lena looking at me worriedly. I just nodded, giving a small smile. "Just weird being in a different place." I lied. She nodded understandingly, dropping the conversation.

That was only one of the excuses, I told my sister for my lack of sleep. Really it was the same nightmare that's been happening for while. It happens every night, I can remember everything vividly. The fear, the sadness, the physically feeling, the way he looked at me, with that sly smirk until he was finished.

"Where's Mariana?" Stef's voice brought me out of my thoughts. She had just walked in the house with Brandon, from talking in the backyard.

I hope he didn't get in that much trouble from helping my sister. He was only trying to do the right thing and though he could have have gotten himself killed, they shouldn't give him a hard punishment for that.

"Oh, she's still in the bathroom." Lena told her as Brandon helped set the table.

"Mariana, come on!" Stef yelled. "Let's go, babe. We've gotta eat."

"Callie, can you put juice out for everybody?" Lena asked her. "Yeah." Callie nodded, standing up and going to the fridge.

An annoyed Mariana stomped into the kitchen, her hair drenched. "I didn't have time to do my hair."

Stef looked at her, pouring coffee into her mug. "Well, it's too late now sweetie."

"We still have 15 minutes." Mariana argued.

"No, no, no. You guys have to walk to school today. We have a thing. Come on. Come and eat."

Mariana huffed, beginning to walk over to the table. "Ok, I am not going to school with my hair like this."

"Well then you're not going anywhere, ever again." Stef joked making me smirk. "Stef, your pancakes are burning." Lena informed her. Stef went over to the stove as Mariana sat at the table. "Great. I get to spend all day looking like a Lhasa Apso.

"You want a treat? Good girl." Jesus asked her, lifting up a piece of bacon in her face only to receive a glare.

"Enough." Lena told him, putting a bowl of fruit on the table. Jesus skated away as Lena began to talk to us. "Ok, guys you have to be out the door in ten. Stef and I have a meeting with Bill. And then I'm gonna take Jude to come later to school, to show him around." Uncomfortable with Jude being away from us, Callie and I looked at her worriedly.

She leaned toward us, sincerity in her eyes just like I saw in Stef's. "He'll be ok. I promise. I'm not gonna let them split you three up again, ok?"

Callie and I glanced at each other before nodding. "Yeah."

These people were so nice and sincere, it was kind of scary. I'm not use to this type of friendliest from anyone, and neither was Callie and being the closed off person she was, I knew being here at first was probably weird for her.