11. *Unease*

*Louis's POV*

It was past midnight when I was finally relieved from work. It was after all, a rather hectic day, especially since the whole marriage candidate thing. It worried me though, about the leaked video of Lhea and Andrew... Nathaniel did say he would look into it and find out the leaker of the video and demand them to take it down but...

I sighed. I guess I do truly worry too much.

Upon reaching my room, located a little way from Lhea's room, but it's presence is a lot smaller and it's not very noticeable at first sight. Normally, the Harrison estate employees live in a dorm, but as I'm part of the head butlers and am a personal butler, I have my own room, conveniently located near Lhea's so I can be by her side at all times.

I pushed open the wooden door and headed in. The room wasn't particularly large in size, but it had a bed and a bathroom of decent size. Big enough for space in between so water doesn't spray from the shower area into other areas. There was also space for a wall television and a set of drawers, along with a cupboard for my uniforms to hang.

The earlier events still hung around in my mind as I loosened the tie around my neck and proceeded to change into more comfortable and suitable clothes for sleeping. I sighed, figuring I should just take a hot shower to ease my mind, and headed to the bathroom.

After undressing, I stood under the shower, letting the warm water drench my body. I let out a sigh, hot showers really do work. My mind immediately felt a little more at ease at that moment.

I took in deep breaths as I tried to set my thoughts straight and relived my emotions during the whole day. Compared to Donovan, whose irritation and jealousy was a lot more apparent, I doubt anyone noticed my vexation. After all, I have been known as a rather hard to read individual, and I would say that Nathaniel's another individual who's like me.

I bit my lip as I washed my face, remembering Lhea's friendliness towards Andrew. Honestly, that girl can be a little too friendly at times. Also, how was she not affected by Donovan's kiss last night?! It was somewhat annoying how she brushed it off so easily and I prayed that she would be somewhat affected by it. After all, it would mean that she's comfortable enough to show emotion around us. Us, being me and my rivals. Andrew has been added without him knowing, since Lhea has already taken interest in him.

I sighed, with all these questions about Lhea's feelings on my mind, I doubt I'd be getting a good night's sleep. Just then, an idea slipped into my mind; I could pay a visit to Lhea, as a friend, not as a butler. My only hope was that she would be awake at this hour.

Quickly, I finished my shower and changed into a new set of comfortable clothing and stepped out of my room, towards Lhea's.

~*~*~

I stood there at the pair of wooden doors, contemplating my decision to talk with my friend, or rather, love interest, so late at night. I swallowed the lump in my throat and took in deep breaths before gaining the courage to knock on the door. I waited a few seconds before quickly turning around, regretting my decision. Of course she wouldn't be up so late.

Just then, the door opened a crack and a familiar face popped out, startling me. 

"Louis? What brings you here?" She asked, opening the door a little wider. I quickly snapped myself out of my trance, temporarily stunned by her beauty.

"Oh nothing...can we talk for a moment though?" I asked, returning to my original objective. The woman in front of me blinked before nodding, complete with a small smile. I swallowed a lump in my throat as I found myself heating up slightly from her expressions. Maybe it's the night air, I'm feeling a little too intrigued by her even though I see her every single day...

I quickly adjusted my clothes a little before following Lhea into her room, closing the door behind me. We both sat down on the edge of her bed, since we were expecting the meeting between us to be short.

"So Louie, what is it that's bothering you?" she asked, a concerned look on her face. I smiled a little, she knew me too well. Of course she would know if something was bothering me. I pressed my lips into a thin line, contemplating how much I should tell her.
With a slight inhale of air, I spilled my thoughts out.
"Lhea, have you ever thought that some of us may be bothered by how you're so unfazed by Donovan's kiss? Either you're a professional at hiding it or you're truly unbothered," I said, deciding to address a concern that involved others indirectly rather than my feelings themselves. Lhea blinked, before looking away awkwardly. I swallowed, hoping I did not touch a subject she did not want to talk about.

"Oh...so I guess I should have made it clear huh..." she began. "I understand Donovan's feelings but...I, I just don't know..." she stammered out, looking down, light pink tinted her cheeks.

I nodded understandingly, "Alright then, take your time Lhea. I'll wait," I said, but before I got up to leave, I kissed her cheek gently. "I love you, please...for the both of us, make up your mind. At least, make it clear to Donovan what you really want. He's a persistent man, so I really doubt he'll be stepping aside for the others," I said as I closed the door.

I sighed, why did I do what I did just now? I have to see her tomorrow morning, and then I'll be the hypocrite as I'll have to act like last night's events didn't happen. I massaged my temples, realising my meeting with Lhea had pretty much no proper ending or answer in the end. Just what did I visit her for? To see her? Confront her? Comfort her maybe?

I groaned, standing at a loss for what to do. I sighed again and headed for my room, maybe I'll at least be able to do some proper thinking in my own solitude rather than standing outside like some fool.

With that, I made my way back to my room, still feeling a little distressed over my visit to Lhea's. The moment I arrived there though, I met a rather unwanted guest, seated on my chair.

~*~*~

"Donovan, what are you here for?" I asked, glaring at the man in front of me. The brunette glared as he stood up, stepping towards me.

"What did you do to Lhea?" he asked, a couple inches away from me.
"Nothing, we just talked, Donovan," I replied calmly. I didn't think he would know of this so quickly. "Were you stalking Lhea in her own home?" I asked, raising an eyebrow. Donovan scoffed, looking away quickly.

"What do you mean, Louis? I'm her friend, plus I'm her father's secretary's son.  I have every right to be here when I want to. Anyways, I'll get to the point," the light haired brunette said. I narrowed my eyes.

"Spit it out, Donnie," I spat.

"Oh? Wow, Louis! You literally just dropped your gentlemanly front just now! Which is a relief, it was so damn frustrating to see you being all polite in front of Lhea. So, I came here to warn you, we all have a chance with her. It all depends on who she falls in love with, first. So don't get too cocky yet, Louis. Lhea will be mine," and with that, he left.

"Lhea will be his? My ass, just because he stole her first kiss doesn't make him any more special than everyone else."

*****
A/N: I realise some of you may notice the slightly more aggressive language used, but it's only to show the tension and hatred in the air. I won't be using any swear words or harsh language anywhere else in the story lest I see it appropriate to do so.

Also, hope you all enjoyed the chapter and don't hesitate to Vote+Comment.