Chapter 10

We arrived at the apartment complex. Things were different now, I realized. There was much more security than last time. Some were standing on the lawn whilst we pulled up. There were eight werewolves guarding the entrance of the building. They stepped forward when the SUV pulled up.

The Alpha and I got out and immediately the werewolves surrounded me. I narrowed my eyes at them as they directed me inside the building. They were stone faced the entire time. My hate filled looks didn't affect them at all.

Glancing over my shoulder I saw The Alpha watching me as we walked. His focus was on my intensely. He knew that deep down inside of me I wanted to run. I didn't though, instead I stalked along with the bulky, annoying, werewolves while gritting my teeth.

They went with me until we reached the suite. Three werewolves were stationed outside of the suite and they bowed when The Alpha walked past them, his grip on my arm almost painful as he walked into the room.

I didn't miss the way he eyed me as he slammed and locked the door. His nostrils flared and he closed his eyes briefly. He took off his coat and threw it unto a chair.

I ignored him and went to the couch. I sat down and chewed the inside of my lip, looking at the dark television screen.

"Rebecca?" The soft, melodic voice sounded from across the room. Penelope stepped into view. A smile tugged on her lips, but disappeared when I scowled at her.

"Alpha." Penelope turned her attention to the hulking man watching us. "Is it okay for my mate is coming over this evening? For movie night?"

I didn't hear the response from The Alpha. But by the way I saw Penelope smile I knew he granted her wish. The pitter patter of her feet coming closer to my direction made me squirm back in my seat.

She plopped down on the floor before me and began flicking through some channels.

The Alpha was silent for a few seconds, but then he moved from where he stood and walked across the room and into the kitchen.

Penelope would occasionally ask my questions. She was met with a cold glare. She obviously did not understand that I didn't want to associate with her or her kind.

I didn't move from my position on the couch. I sat stiffly on it whilst Penelope talked. When I couldn't take it anymore, I stood up.

She immediately went quiet and watched as I stalked to the bathroom, slamming the door behind me. In here there would be silence and hopefully no disturbance.

I stayed inside for an hour before I decided to leave when I heard The Alpha asking for me. I wasn't in the mood for him to throw a fit.

He went by my side as soon as I entered the room.

"Flynn is almost here." Penelope said excitedly, bouncing on the toes of her feet. I resisted the urge to roll my eyes at her childish behaviour. The Alpha noticed my irritation and sent me a warning look.

I scoffed and moved away from him, just as the door clicked open.

A man entered and his brown eyes immediately went to Penelope. He was tall and slender, with angular, sharp features. A crooked smile formed on his lips as he greeted The Alpha and then went over to Penelope.

To my disgust they began making out and I turned away.

"I'm heading back into the bathroom." I declared. The Alpha stopped me before I could go inside. His massive form blocked me and he pushed me back with his hands, steering me to the living room once more.

He didn't stop pushing me until I sat on the couch. He sat beside me and I was engulfed by his close presence.

"I didn't let you come here to watch you two kiss. Put on a movie." The Alpha snapped at the couple, making them break apart.