Chapter 12

When we got to the deep part of the woods with the coyotes and bobcats, we all went up into the huge tree house that we made last year. We started a fire, and since Dark was a wolf, he caught some food, squirrels, rabbits, he even killed a deer! We were all starving, as usual, and most of the pack ate the meat 100% raw, but Maddie and I cooked ours.

She cooked hers completely, but I only cooked mine on the outside. I had a full squirrel and two rabbit legs. This is the best time we've ever had as a pack, I thought as I finished the last of my rabbit.

After everyone was done eating, we all started figuring out how to get Dark in his human form again. We decided to get him mad enough that he would try fighting us in wolf form. Then he might stop and become human again. 

We started pushing him around and stuff trying to get him to try biting us or something. He jumped on me when I shoved him to the ground. As soon as he jumped in the air at me he knew to stop. He tried to shift back, but again, no shifting happened.

"What the heck, how did that not work?" I said.

"I don't know, but I don't really care about shifting back anymore, I like being a wolf," Dark said.

"I know you don't want to shift back, but you need to. If you stay a wolf, your parents will think that you're dead," Maddie said.

I told Dark,"Even if you want to stay a wolf, you can't. You need to go back, we couldn't stay wolves forever, Dark"

He sighed,"Okay, fine…"

"We need to keep trying to get you shifted back," I said,"Any other ideas?"

"I might have one," Anthony said.