13. Family dinner

"Shawn can you pass me some the salt please?"
"Absolutely, there you go."
"Thank you."

The next day my mom asked everyone to take dinner with us at her place. She said it would be the right time because then we never know when me and Shawn are going back to the battlefield. She invited all of the boys, Louis and his mom, although they were the only ones that didn't really knew the exact reason. Last night we received a call that we should be prepared at any time to leave so she decided to do this for us.
Briana insisted on coming with Louis and their child too, due to the fact that it was a family dinner she felt the urge to come.

"So Anne, why are we gathered here tonight? There must be a good reason for such a big dinner right? " Louis asked holding a fork in one hand and the knife in the other one, elbows resting on the table.

There was a deathly silence in the  room.. the boys were throwing looks at me, Shawn picked up his glass of water and took a sip from it, and Jay looked confused.

"Nothing special" I spoke up. "It's just a dinner." I said nonchalantly.
"When are you guys going back?" Jay asked.
"We don't know yet, although we're waiting for new orders from our commander."

"Was it hard there?" She continued.
"Yeah.. pretty much, although the hardest haven't occurred yet."
"You mean the war? The big battle." Louis said.
"Exactly."

"And after that what? When will you come back?"
"We don't know if they're coming back, Briana.." my mom said sharply.
"Oh.."
"But I don't understand, Harry, why did you do this, why did you got yourself in danger?" She continued.
"Better not discuss this right now, shall we?" Everyone stiffened.
"Why?"
"Don't play dumb Briana! You know it very well." My sister snapped at her.
"Gemma, don't do this please."
"No Harry, it's enough. First she came between you two, then she took advantage of Louis when he was a little bit waisted, she was only interested in his money, and the fact that you dumbass believed her, was the point of no return in your relationship with Harry. This shit broke his heart, for a whole year Harry was depressed, he barely talked to me and our mom and it was a very difficult period of time, it was horible to be daily afraid of some stupid thing that he might do! Thank Goodness he didn't, that was until we have found out he enrolled. Do you know what this means Louis? This is some sort of assisted suicide, that's what it is!! We don't know if those two will ever come back, do you know that the probability to come back alive from the war is 5 % and injured 40 %.. the other amount? Dead!! They will probably end up dead!! And that's because of her!!"

"Gemma, that's enough!!" I yelled and she stormed out. When I looked around, Louis was stunned, Briana looked annoyed, Jay had tears in her eyes and so did the boys. Shawn was awkwardly looking to his hands.

"I - I will go after her", I whispered. "Gemma!" I went upstairs and heard her sobbing in my room. "Gemms? Hei sis, are you alright? I'm really sorry for yelling at you.. but I didn't want to continue on with this subject."
"I know Harry, but I can't stand her, because of that... girl, my little brother might die and.." she cried on my shoulder.
"Shh sh sh, Gems I will come back.."
"Harry, you don't know that.."
"I know nothing is for sure, but I promise you, I'll do everything to be safe and come back home alive and healthy."
"Harry I love you so much, please be safe!" She cried and hugged me super tight.
"I will sis, I will.." I said caressing her hair.
"Shawn, I can hear you, come here." Gemma said, and a shy curly head appeared from the hallway.
"I just wanted to see if you guys are okay, sorry for being.."

"Shawn, darling, please promise me that you two will take care of each other, you have to know that Harry is an amazing caring person and he will always leave himself for anybody else, please take care of him, remember him to stay aliiive because we love him! I bet you love him too!! Please!!"
"Gemma!!" I said embarrassed.
"I will miss Gemma, I solemnly promise you!"
"Thank you mister, I really can't wait to see you both coming back home!" She said and hugged him. "I really like you!"
"Group hug?" I asked smiling.
"Yeah come here." They both said.

"Is everything okay in here?" Liam asked with Niall and Louis behind him.
"Yeah, we just had to discuss a few things." Gemma said wiping her tears off.
"Hei Gemma, I'm sincerely sorry for everything that happened because of me. I-I apologise." Louis said looking at his shoes.
"As long as they both are coming home alive and unwounded, it's fine Louis, but keep your baby mother away from me or I will leaver her with a bold head."
"Gemma.."
"Sorry bro."
"I'm sorry, I didn't even know she was coming.."
"It's okay Louis, I.."

"Harry!! Darling, it's for you!" My mom came upstair, tears in her eyes, hands trembling, passing me the phone. Jay and Briana came after her and everybody was silent looking at me.
"Harry Styles speaking."
"Commender Smith."
"At your orders sir."
"I called to inform you that we already sent a truck to come pick you up tonight from home, war started earlier than expected. I've been informed that Shawn Daniels is with you too?"
"Yes sir."
"Good, both of you get ready. Over."
"Sir, yes sir." I slowly ended the call, and searched for Shawn's gaze, he looked like he already new. "We need to get ready."

"Get ready for what?" Louis asked confused.
"To leave, it's happening.. war started earlier than it was expected. Mom, where did you put our uniforms and bags?"

"Downstairs in the dresser darling."

Everybody was stoned in place, only me, mom and Shawn went downstairs and got ready. Not even 10 minutes later the truck parked in front of our home.
We quickly said goodbye to everybody. It took me a longer moment to look into Louis' eyes and say goodbye. He was so demolished that I couldn't say anything to him other than goodbye. Both me and Shawn hugged my mom and Gemma, and then a knock on the door was heard.

"Seargent Eliott, I'm here to pick up seargents Styles and Daniels."
"Yes, we're ready to go." I said with our bags in hands.
"Ah, you don't need those, we'll get right into the fight." He said and motioned to us to get rid of the bags.
"Stevens get two Ak- 47 from the back and bring them here."
"Yes sir" was heard and shortly after a guy with no grades on his shoulders came in view with two Kalashnikovs passing them to us.
"These are your base guns, you still have your pistols right?" Both me and Shawn checked on our right foot and as we expected, guns were in their place.
"Yes we do."
"Alright then, get in the truck, move move move there's no time to waste!" He yelled.
"Good luck, Harry !! Take care of you guys!! Be safe buddy!!" I've heard the boys and my family screaming. I looked on the window and I could see Louis and his mom looking like stones. I waved goodbye to them, and went ahead with Gods mercy.

 I waved goodbye to them, and went ahead with Gods mercy