18. Faded memories

Louis Pov

Harry's doctor said that he suffered a minor post-traumatic amnesia. He was confused, he wouldn't recognise me or the boys. Didn't even remember his name. He got sedated and now he's bound to wake up any minute. Also if he remembers anything..it will be fine... if not...
The doctor came up to us.

"I will try and wake him up. Don't rush in please, he still might be confused plus he's very weak. We don't want any more harm for him."
"Anything you say, sir." Liam replied.

He went in and all of us were watching from outside the room. The doctor shaked Harry gentle from his shoulder. He groaned a little but he opened his eyes. My heart skipped a beat as the doctor started questioning.

"Hi, can you tell me your name?"
We were all waiting for his answer without breathing. "Harry Styles."
"YES!" Me and Liam said at the same time and then hugged each other.
"Do you know where you are?"
"A hospital.. got a couple broken ribs."
"Exactly. Do you remember these guys names?" He asked motioning towards us.
"Sure, they're Liam Niall and Louis."
"Perfect, your brain is fine. You suffered a minor episode of amnesia but you're just fine now. We'll keep you under close observation a few more days, see how you recover and then you can go home!" The doc smiled. "I'll leave you with those gentlemen." He said and left.

"Don't you dare do that again!" I said.
"Do what?" He chuckled.
"You scared the shit out of me!"
"Us.. out of us." Liam said throwing me looks.
"Uh guys how is Shawn doing?"
"His surgery went fine. He's resting." Niall updated.
"You on the other hand, you died like two times, then lost your memory and now you're back just fine." Liam said sarcastically.
"Oh don't tell me.. I can't remember much still.. like I forgot mostly everything from before I left to Afghanistan."
"Really?"
"Yeah.. but probably it'll be temporary. Wait.. does my mother know about this whole situation?"
"Yeah we've updated her all the time. She's alright."
"Okay.. thanks guys."
"Do you remember that Louis here is a married father?"
"How could I forget that?" He laughed. We chit chated more for a while.

Harry's POV

A week later I was good to go home. My ribs were healing very well, Shawn's thigh was healing well too. I had Liam pick us up to get home. He was so helpful with us. Shawn's foot was on a cast, he had to walk with crutches. My abdomen and torso were still in bandages. I had to come back here to change them in a week.

"Are you ready babe?" I asked Shawn while he was signing some papers.
"Yeah I just have to wait for a nurse to pick these up."
"Oh, okay I'll be at the cafeteria."
"See you there."

I walked past a few more rooms and found Liam standing on a chair in a large lounge area.

"Hi."
"Oh look who's here!" He hugged me."Haz can I ask you something?"
"Sure. What's up?"
"Are you and Shawn together.. or something?"
"Ergh.. why are you asking this?"
"Because.. you look like you do."
"First of all we got very close since the beginning. We got to know each other very well, and he was always there for me, mostly when it was the hardest."
"As in he took that bullet for you?"
"Yeah.. if he wouldn't have seen that moron shooting, that bullet would've got straight in my heart.. or at least lungs."
"You kidding right?" He looked concerned.
"No.. I was sat down and he was up. He came running and sat in front of me right when the guy shoot. The bullet got in his thigh and a part of it got out on the other side but some of it stayed in his muscle."
"And how the hell is he still alive?"
"I made something up from one of my sleeves to stop his bleeding, and then I left my shirt there with my name on it, and left. We hid for a while until we found help and we were sent to the military infirmary but the nurse there couldn't do much. We were sent off to a plane with injured people so that's how we escaped."
"And what about the news. The man said your name.."
"Yeah it was because I left my shirt there where we were sat because I was hit in the ribs, it was ripped off anyway and that had a metallic thing on it with my name. Right after we left some rebellions got that bunker on fire so when they found out that piece of burned material and the tag next to it they presumed I was dead."

"So why didn't you tell anything for an entire year?" A voice spoke up from behind us.
"Louis? Since when are you sitting there listening?"
"A little after you got here. Now answer me, why didn't you sent a message, a call.. anything?"
"I was forced not to. They were hiding us with the price of their own lives."
"What do you mean?"
"My sergeant and the drill commander took care of us more then other sergeants. He promised they will keep us alive to go home to our families. While we were fighting he stole a plane and hid it saying it's a wreck and then hid us, the injured soldiers there. When he gathered enough injured people he piloted the plane to our base and ordered us to stay there and get better until he comes back with more soldiers. He gave us a strict order to not call or text or do anything to draw attention on us."
"What happened then?"
"He never came back." Silcence fell upon the two boys.
"We had been told then that he died trying to gather another round of injured. The war came to an end soon after. We defeated rebellions with the price of many camarades lives."

"We are lucky to be back home." Shawn spoke from the door step. "Let's go, I am ready."
"You look awful.." I laughed at him and his sticks.
"How do you dare talking mummified curly head." He laughed.
"I'm not curly anymore blind Hook" *reference to captain Hook with his one leg*
"Shut up.." he mumbled with a strong british accent turning around to leave.

We went home and been welcomed by the delicious smell of pasta made by my sister.

"Finally! I thought you're gone again!"
"Sis, I promised you we won't leave again." She hugged me gently.
"Go change your clothes boys, I prepared a room for you two downstairs, that way it would be easy for Shawn with his leg.
"I appreciate ma'am."
"Oh stop being so polite and call me Anne." Shawn's cheeks flushed a pink colour and I could tell he was embarrassed.

"Thanks for the ride guys you're welcome to stay."
"Thank you bud, um where's Louis?" Niall asked, and then I realised he was missing.
"He just left, said he had something to deal wih." Gemma said catching up with the discussion.
"As always." I mumbled angry.

"What???" I've heard from the hallway. All of us turned to see Shawn speaking on his phone. I went to him mouthing what's going on. He suddenly hung up the phone.

"My mother wants me to go home."

A/N  Almost coming to an end, almost :) Hope you like it ^_^