Chapter Three

I froze.

I couldn’t walk. I was paralyzed in shock.

How?

“U...uh y...yeah?” I stuttered “W...what a...about it?”

“I heard you talking about it at break!” He replied

I regain feeling in my body and started walking again with Max walking beside me.

“You were nowhere near me at break! Where were you?” I asked

“I was in fact in the hall sitting with a bunch of friends but I still heard you!”

“How? That is impossible!” I exclaimed

“So how long is it till we get to yours?” He asked totally dodging the question

“Around 10 minutes, if we walk fast bout 5” I said

He didn’t reply. After that we walked in silence and I pondered on what Max had said to me. I couldn’t believe it! How could he of heard me when I was sitting by F block and he was in the Hall! That thought stuck with me.

We reached my house and I invited him for a drink but he said he couldn’t as he had to get home and do homework and his parents would be wondering where he is but he said another day. We said our goodbyes and I opened the front door to my house.

Homework.

Dishwasher.

Dinner.

Washing.

Shower.

TV.

Bed.

The routine I would have to do today. Mondays. I hate them.

After my shower, I had some time to watch TV and go on my laptop. I turned my TV on looked through the channels and nothing was on so I turned it back off again. I decided to load up my laptop and look on Facebook. I had a message from Max.

I can read minds.

I read it and I was thinking why he sent me that but then I thought back to when I was thinking when we had walked to my house in silence.

Nice joke, how did you even know I was thinking that?         

I replied.

I browsed through Facebook and nothing interesting was on there so I decided to open a new tab and go onto YouTube. I watched some of the new videos that the people I subscribed to had uploaded. I heard a ping and looked at my Facebook messages. There was a new message from Max.

I told you, I can read minds

I laughed and replied

What like a vampire?

I went back to watching videos and 10 minutes later there was another ping.

Yes...

Is he saying...? No! He can’t be but that means...

So, does that mean you are one?

I waited nervously for a reply and when a new message came up I was, once again, paralysed with a mixture of shock, fear and happiness.

It was the message I wish I didn’t want to see.

Yes