Chapter 1

So... Today is going to be an amazing day! I can't wait!

Why would today be an amazing day you say? Well... it's going to be another day to save another soul. Maybe not actively, but I think doing good always leads to a bit of saving!

That is all that really matters right? As I hopped out of bed, I brushed my hair back, with an ecstatic grin on my face. And as I stepped forward to the window pane, I did an awesome, yet graceful, backflip and twirl, down to the front courtyard. Ten out of ten, Luxus, ten out of ten. 

Heh.

Damn, if being an acrobat was a legitimate talent, then maybe I'd be even stronger now-a-days. But I guess that isn't how the soul-link works, despite this, I still enjoy whatever it is I tend to excel in. With help from the soul stream, or not.

Walking through the courtyard never cease to amaze me. The trimmed hedges and diamond shaped centers that Mama designed herself has always been part of my favorite things about this castle. Though I can and have generally have explored much of this world, home will always my favorite place on Erinn. 

My stomach growled intensely... I'm hungry, maybe I should go to the kitchen and have Gwelyas, the castle chef, cook up something hefty for me! 

I ran towards the castle, until I remembered something I had to do...

Oh geeze. 

I completely forgot that Mother had something important to tell me today!

Rushing upstairs through to the Throne room, I am stopped abruptly by a royal knight.

It's just Silver though, him and I are buds, so I shouldn't have an issue. Heh. 

"Hey Silver! Watch out bud! Your armor could've seriously given me a bad bruise!"

He seemed disgruntled, confused whether or not he should be stern or relaxed. Sparring so often and technically being a Royal Knight myself makes being a Prince so confusing to the knights, as always. 

"Oh I apologize, I just, I just. I hope you understand that despite you are the Queen's son, and... a royal knight, you simply just can't barge in like that!" He hoped not to upset me, still seeing me as a royalite. 

"You know I always barge in! Heh. Don't worry though, I'll make sure you don't get in trouble!" I chuckled and winked at him, as I made my way past him.

"Bu-but sir! You canno-"

Silver gave up and sighed and carried on with his guarding duties.

"Mama!" I rushed towards her, giving her a warm embrace.

"Goodness Luxus! You are a deadly child prodigy, a royal knight, the Legendary Combatant of Tara! Have some manners, especially towards the Queen," bluntly stating my position as a Royal Knight. Though tough on the outside, her love for me, her adopted children outweighs her front.

"And you, mother dearest, shall always be my mama!"

"You little rascal you, you've grown up so brilliantly. But you completely remain as the child that I once protected."

"As always," I smiled. Mama can't resist me!

"But at this time, I will need you to protect me, but more importantly, our Kingdom!"

The atmosphere suddenly shifted into a serious, quiet gloom.

"What seems to be wrong, my Queen?" I quickly knelt down. 

Royal Knightness... activated! 

"I... I fear there seems to be something threatening the Soul Stream once more. I need you to investigate in the continent of Iria!"

"What could have possibly brought these foreboding assumptions?"

My heart stopped. Mama isn't usually fearful like this, so something must actually threaten the world.

"Please, make your way to Port Cobh and sail to Iria. Go to the land of Vales, and speak with Taunes! Tell him the Queen of Tara has summoned you to ask about the power that could potentially see or invoke the darkness in a being."

Odd, I know Taunes. He is the Blacksmith of Vales, I've helped him once with gathering ores from Hillwen Mine. I wonder what he has to do with any of this, but I cannot and will not object to her request. 

"I will be on my way then, your Highness. I will not fail you," I bowed and turned the other way.

As I took a step forward to the throne room doors, I felt a warm embrace from behind. 

"Mama.. tell me... what's the matter?"

"I just.. I just.. hope you take care of yourself alright?"

For her to act this way, it's just too strange.

Vales really is an extremely long distance away, I am not surprised at her worry, but the aura that my mother is emitting is quite unnerving.

"I will, Mama. I love you."

"I love you too, Luxus, my dear son."