The Day Before it Began

My parents never really told me what was out there, instead they tried to keep it a secret. I was only four years old when a man with silver hair busted into our home, before you ask yes he was a vampire. You could say I am like Daniel X but I can promise you that I am quite different, I can see things from three miles away, I can hear things four miles away, and I can run up to one hundred miles an hour. I know what you're thinking 'Jackson that's impossible!' How would you know? Have you even met me? Do you believe that Percy Jackson is Poseidon's son? Would you believe me if I told you that I am the son of a vampire? Of course you wouldn't! Anyway before this night occurrence happened, I was sitting up in my room playing with molding clay. "Jackson dinners ready!" My mom calls.

"One minute I'm finishing up the Colosseum of Rome!" And yes I am more intelligent than the normal four year old, it's odd how I can replicate things.

"Of course you are! Come down when you are ready!" To me this felt weird, the rooms energy was off. I knew something bad was gonna happen. I was finishing up when I'm tossed back into a wall like a rag doll. In an instant my mother and father are up stairs my sister not to far behind. I see blue light form around my mother's hands and red around my father's. My sister, Leah, rushes up to me.

"Jacky I'm scared!" She sobs I hold her tight and stand up. She's much smaller than me but she's only three. Her small hands grip my shirt. The vamp shows no sign of stopping against the magic.

"Jackson. Take Leah and run, run as far away as you can." A tear slipped out of my eyes as I see my dad fall to the ground, blood surrounds his body.

"I can't leave you!" I yell. She turns to face me.

"Jackson, you and your sister are meant to do incredible things. Now please run!" I do as told, my sister holding my hand.

"Where ya at you little brat!?" I quickly hide Leah and myself. The vamp rushes past our location and I peek out after softly telling my sister to sit tight, I never heard the man coming. I'm ripped away from the tree me and my sister were hiding behind. "There you are, where's your sister?" He asks as if he poses no threat.

"I won't tell you!" I squeak. My body is shaking badly and I was dirty.

"If you don't tell me where she is I'll bite you!" He threatens, losing his patients.

"Do it!" I taunt. He lifts my wrist to his lips, I see two sharp fangs that can rip through any hide. Then comes the pain, then the numbness. He pulls away and disappears, I hit my knees.

1) I was going to kill that bastard.
2) I swear to god above, that these vile criminals will not touch my little sister.

          I still remember the pain of the poison, the deadly poison that filled my veins and stopped my heart. It was like a tree was being forced into my small body. My sister Leah is still mortal, but she was afraid of me when I took down a dear and sucked its blood. And for that I'm ashamed. So now you know how and why I can do things you can't, and before you compare me to Daniel X remember... I'm a vampire, and I hunt my own kind for a living.