Chapter 1: Starting The Day

{ Please play song while reading, thanks! }
Kion woke up early in the morning. He raced out of his resting place and right to the edge of Pride Rock. He took a deep breathe as Kion breathed in the fresh air. "Just like every morning," He said. "Beautiful, and warm."
      Behind him, he heard footsteps, creeping up toward him. The sound pounced at him, and roared. It was a weak one, though. It turned out to be his sister, Kiara. She plundered him to the rocky ground. "Hey!" Kion exclaimed, trying to escape her. "Gotcha!" Kiara laughed. After a few moments, she backed off him. "Next time, remember I hate being on this hard ground!" He demanded Kiara. "Ha!" She laughed out loud. "I don't take orders from my little brother!" She teased, as smiled up in his face. "Ugh!" He rolled his eyes while he sat up straight. "You're so evil! I'm your future leader, and as playing that role, you must follow my orders!" He added, trying to sound more leader-ish. "Yeah right!" Kiara said, turning her back to Kion.
        Kiara jumped down a few rocks in the cave of Pride Rock. Her feet sounded like little mice as she skipped off. "Where are you going?" Kion asked, turning his head to Kiara's back. "To the Outlands." said Kiara. "The Outlands?" He asked while he followed. "Why?" He asked again. "Because," Kiara didn't bother to look back at Kion. "A queen has got to know her things about the Outlands." She smiled in bravery. "Then let me go with you! I'll bring the Lion Guard with me," said Kion. He followed Kiara along her away, up until he said that. "You?" She pivoted herself to a point where she could see Kion. "Come with me?" Kiara asked. "No." Kion gasped. What?! He thought, with that exact expression on his face. "Why not?!" He complained. "We'll keep you alive!" He added.
       "No, you'll just slow me down! Especially with your lovey-dovey thing with Fuli!" Kiara said, smirking at the end of her sentence. "H-Hey! I don't love Fuli." Kion replied sounding a little unsure of what he just said. "Really?" Asked Kiara. "Because I over heard Dad say you were promised to her." Kion tilted his head. "'Promised to her'? What does that mean?" Kion asked. "It means she's your future mate!" Kiara laughed. Kion blushes just a bit, having a emotion that says, "Did she just say..Fuli's my future mate?"
         After Kiara stopped laughing, she got up and kept on going. Kion waited until she was fully gone, for he had a plan. Once she was gone, he raced over to the Lion Guard. "Guys. Guys!" He shouted from a far. "It's Kion!" Beshte, Kion's hippopotamus friend, called back. Everyone of the Lion Guard looked to him with big smiles. He arrived in front of them. "Kion, we're so glad to see you!" Fuli smiled. "Thanks. Glad to see you, too." Kion said quickly, and walked near the others.
          "OK, Lion Guard, let's-" Kion was interrupted by a yawn.  A badger slowly walked out of his resting place, rubbing his eyes. "Oh. Hey Kion.." The badger, Bunga, yawned. "Why is he so tired?" Kion asked. "Kion, it's early for him. He should get some rest." Fuli replied. Beshte carried Bunga back into his sleeping place. Beshte slowly crawled out of this little den. "Much better." Bunga drifted off to sleep.
          "Anyway, what were you saying Kion?" Beshte asked. "OK, my sister has gone into the Outlands. I wanted to go with her, but she refused. Now, I'm making sure she's okay by following with the Lion Guard." Kion explained, sounding more brave than ever. They all agreed on the plan, and nodded their heads to each other. "Alright. Let's go Lion Guard!" Kion exclaimed. And moments later, they were off.