Chapter 8: Fate Has Changed

{ First off, (Play the song) I'd like to say thank you guys for helping and supporting me as we made it to Chapter 8 of River Silence. Thank you guys so dearly much for everything you said and the support I've gotten for the past 7 chapters! I didn't think I'd make it to this chapter with the amount of views, likes, and comments I have now. Now, I'd like to give a huge shoutout to KitFrederickRamirez for being a massive fan of this book. Please go show him appreciation, follow him if you'd like. Thank you, Kit! And thanks to all of you guys who helped me get where I am now! }

Soon, Simba and half of his Pride came rushing to the sound of Fuli's voice. "What is it, Fuli?" Simba quickly asked, looking down at her. "Look," She pointed to Jasiri and Kion. "This evil hyena has pushed and almost drowned your son Kion!" She smirked at Jasiri, but when looking at Simba she seemed very worried. Simba stared at Jasiri in a snarl. Jasiri stepped back a few inches. She didn't respond.
              "What are you doing with Kion?!" Simba snapped at her. "I-I..." She couldn't answer at all. The king was speaking to her, and she had no one to keep her from being in his teeth. The king roared at the helpless hyena. "Fuli, when did you see this happen?" He asked Fuli. "I-" Fuli was interrupted by giggles as she turned to the king. Quickly, she turned straight back towards Kion and Jasiri. There she found Kion giggling with Jasiri as he placed his head under her chin. They cuddled together up until Nala dragged Kion away from Jasiri and closer to the Pridelanders. She snarled at Jasiri while doing so.
              Simba stepped closer to the hyena, baring his teeth as he growled. "No, Dad!" Kion cried, trotting forth then being pulled back again by his mother. The king got very close to Jasiri. "You'll stay away from us, especially Kion, if you know what's good for your life." He whispered. She nodded quickly and disappeared into the Outlands.
              "Dad!" Kion cried, escaping Nala's paws. "Why'd you do that?" He asked as he glanced at his father. His eyes filled with an unhappy expression. "Kion, she was going to hurt you." He replied. "Dad, she's my friend!" Kion said quickly. Silence spread though them all. Everyone was still, and quiet. Simba looked down at his son with no expression at all. "She'll never be one of us..." He said suddenly and quietly.
              He signaled Nala to take everyone back home. He followed, but brought his son into another cave. This cave was massive and had paintings of animals and stories everywhere. It had paintings of the river, the Outlands, elephants, and hey look! Simba and Nala as cubs! In fact, it had paintings of their whole childhood. It had Scar and Zira. And soon enough, Kion's eyes landed on even...his and Kiara's birth. He gasped as he raced over to the drawing on the wall. He ran his paw across the drawing, staring at it curiously.
              "Everything that's happened in the Pridelands is right here," Simba said, smiling while walking up to Kion and looking at the paintings at the same time. "It's where stories begin and end." Kion twirled around to his dad. "So," He said. "Does this have my fate?" Simba nodded. He jumped and looked around for it. His father realized what his son was doing. Simba brought Kion to a section in the cave that had lions painted on it. They looked like Kion and Fuli, cub and adult versions. Simba read the story out loud to him, it went like this:
The Pridelands had a new prince and princess that were born. The king and queen loved their beautiful and healthy cubs, just they way they were. One was a female, and the other was male. The female came a little before the male. When the second cub was born, the king's father made a message to the king's second in command baboon, Rafiki. He came racing to the king and queen to tell them the news. It appeared to be that Rafiki knew the male's future, mate, and cubs. Rafiki told the mother and father all about it. Soon, they promised their son to mate with a newborn cheetah when they're older, the exact one the baboon said to. The lion cub was put as the leader of a group called, "The Lion Guard" with the cheetah who he would mate with. The male grew to be a strong and handsome king, mated with the cheetah, and had cubs with her.
There was more to tell, but that was for another time.
              Simba smiled and looked back at his son. Kion was stiff and stared at the painting. Suddenly, he turned to his father. "You will be a king someday, Kion," Simba said to him. "And you need to be protected as a cub." The prince couldn't talk at all. This means...He thought. I wasn't supposed to meet Jasiri! "C'mon, Kion, time for some rest," Simba guided his son to this sleeping area, where Nala and Simba licked him goodnight. "Goodnight, my future king..." His father whispered. "Night." Kion whispered back. When his parents left, he looked up at the gap in the ceiling to the stars. "Goodnight, Jasiri..." He whispered. "Goodnight, Kion..." Jasiri whispered, somewhere in the Outlands.

{ For: KitFrederickRamirez }