Chapter 12: Trust A Pridelander

{ I have to apologize for the late chapter. I'm working on like... a million stories, so yeah. I just wanted to tell all of you that. Also, play the song while reading: it makes it more fun. Thank you for understanding! }

Jasiri secretly watched as Kion confronted Fuli. She sighed. 'Mud girl', eh? Seems like Kion's the one who treats you like mud. She thought silently, but it was clear that Fuli wanted to be his mate. Jasiri thought about everything that was going on: Fuli's desperate love for Kion, Simba hating her, Fuli calling her 'Mud girl', and...maybe her love for Kion. She couldn't deny it, she loved Kion. It would only hurt so much to know that he thought the opposite. If he did, what would his dad say about them being together? How could Fuli feel? How would everyone feel?
              Millions of questions raced through her head. Then, the only thought that was there was the fact they had to fight each other sooner or later. She realized something: if they did love one another, they'd have to kill each other! That'd make it even harder to do so. Jasiri knew they'd have to do that, she didn't want to. Soon enough, small tears ran down her face. She sobbed, accidentally letting Fuli and Kion hear it.
             Kion walked over to the sound of tears. "Jasiri?" He whispered, peeking behind the boulder. There he saw Jasiri sitting on the ground, tears running down her face.
"Wha-"
"SHUT UP!"
She sharpened her claws, snarling at Kion and Fuli. "Just..." She said. "Jasiri, what happened?" Kion asked, crawling towards her. "GO AWAY!" She roared, pushing Kion away. "I don't need you!" She added. Kion was heartbroken. Jasiri...? He thought. How could she turn him away like that? He stepped back. "Kion," Fuli whispered as she stepped back with him. "Maybe we should leave..."
             "Go!" Jasiri barked, putting one paw in front of her then the other as she walked to them. She got closer to the prince. When she was close enough, the hyena raised her paw in the air and was one foot away from Kion's face, but didn't intend to hurt him. Out of fear, Kion roared his powerful roar on Jasiri and blew her further away.
              "It's true..." Jasiri whispered. "You are going to kill me, aren't you?" Kion didn't say anything. Her face hardened quickly. Sighing, Jasiri closed her eyes and said, "I knew I couldn't trust a Pridelander..." Quickly, she ran off. Kion sighed, he didn't know who to trust: his kind? Or hers? Fuli and Kion headed straight for Pride Rock.
              In training, he couldn't stop thinking about what she said. Fuli was talking with his parents, and he was training with the rest of the Lion Guard. "Are you okay?" Beshte asked, as he knocking Kion down from a training move he needed to learn. "Yeah..." Kion replied, sighing in sadness. "I can tell you're upset!" Bunga said. "Care to explain, Ono?" He said sarcastically. Ono shook his head, perched on Beshte's head. Kion laid down and curled up into a little ball. "Is it that obvious...?"