26

"Come on, one more round." I panted, putting up my fists in a fighting stance. Peggy panted and brushed stary hair from her short pony tail out of her face.

"Its two to two, Maggie." she smirked. We were both skilled in fighting. Howard put that stuff into my head and it was like fighting came naturally to me. I nodded and and cocked my head, cracking my neck. I was in sweatpants and a tan army t-shirt and she was in similar attire, our hair in ponytails and fists wrapped in bandages to prevent damage.

I waited for Peggy to come at me first, and when she went for a punch I dodged to the side and threw my fist into her ribs with a left hook. She stumbled over, but didnt fall, and swung her arm back into my jaw. A throb of pain shot into the side of my face and a deep growl emerged from my chest. I narrowed my eyes at her and swung my leg around, kicking her in the side and causing her to cough, giving me just enough time to grab her shoulders so I could send my knee into her gut. She gasped for air again and I hooked my arm around her torso, throwing her to the side while sweeping her feet out from under her. She hit the mat with a thud. I pinned her down with a victorious smile.

"I win." I panted. Peggy narrowed her eyes at me and pursed her lips.

"So you do." she pouted. Suddenly, the floor spun and I was looking at the ceiling while Peggy pinned me to the mat. "Or I do." she laughed. I scoffed and smiled as I started to laugh. Her lips spread into a grin and she chuckled along with me, standing up and holding out her hand for me. I took it and she helped pull me up.

"You ladies seem to be handling training well." Howard Stark spoke up from the entrance to the training room.

"Whatever you put inside her seems to be working quite well. She is tough even for me to fight." Peggy panted and put her hands on her hips.

"I see that. Im glad it works. Colonel Phillips is asking for you Peggy. Maggie, you have the day off. Yesterday was hard on your body with that procedure. You need to rest up before the recruits come in." Howard said.

Peggy and I simultaneously nodded. "Thanks Boss." I smiled.

"I will go change." Peggy said. Howard tipped his head to us and made his exit.

"You should get going before Colonel Phillips loses his temper." I warned my new found friend.

"Definitely. See you later." she smiled and skipped along to the exit. I sighed and began unwrapping my fists. What should I do on my day off? I shuffled out to the exit and toward my bunk in my building on the base. I opened up the door and wandered over to the bed, flopping down onto the thin mattress. I got right back up, deciding to change my clothes and put on an army green skirt and cream colored blouse that I tucked in and put on a thin black belt to match. It was early enough in the day to do something sorta fun. I picked up my locket and clipped it around my neck before slipping into my black heels to match my outfit and leaving my room, going outside to the dirt road.

The gravel crunched under my feet and dust kicked up with each of my steps. A loud whistle sounded from a nearby tent and I turned quickly to see two soldiers peeking out of the canvas shelter making googly eyes at me. Pigs. I turned my nose at them and strutted away down the road, walking nowhere specific.

"Miss Dornwall!" I loud gruff voice called out from a tent to my left. I jumped at its sudden sound and looked to see Colonel Phillips storming toward me. "Get out of the goddamn road." He growled and stormed by me, grabbing onto my arm and dragging me back to the tent he was in. "What the hell are you doing out here?" he snapped. I stood awkwardly, catching Peggy out of the corner of my eye. Now that I knew the secret, maybe I could tell him too.

"I am the female test sub-"

"I know damn well what you are! I almost slipped up when I met you." he interrupted me. I closed my mouth unknowing how to react to his sudden outburst. "What are you doing not in your building?" he asked.