49

I pulled my fighting gloves tight and waited from above inside the treetops as I waited for Steve.

"These should help you glide wherever you need to go." Howard smiled as I prepared my gear. I turned around to face him as he handed me black attachable nylon wings, so I would basically be a human parachute. All I had to do was open my arms like a flying squirrel.

"Thanks." I curtly smiled as I accepted them. They would be great for getting into the camp as Steve had planned, but would get in the way for battle. Thats why they were connected by magnets. All I had to do was press a small button on each wing and the magnet would shut off, dropping the wings to the ground.

I gripped tightly to the rough tree bark of the branch I was perched on, ready to spring forward and glide over the walls of the camp as soon as Steve made it in. The rumble of a motorcycle caught my attention, and I flicked my head sideways to see Steve riding through the trees. His shield was jammed between the handlebars of the bike, and as guards at the front gate fired down on him, the bullets bounced off the shield with a hum. Two small rockets launched from Steve's bike and blasted the guards, and the doors to the camp. I took that as my queue and watched Steve out of the corner of my eye rush through the doors and into the camp. I lept from the branch and spread my arms, the wind catching the wings that carried me down carefully to the ground inside the base. They were all too focused on Steve to even pay attention to me. I pushed the small detachment buttons and the wings crumpled at my feet. I looked around, seeing the scene play out before me.

*****

Steve bashed his shield into the helmet clad head of an enemy, causing him to topple to the ground unconcious. Just as he turned, a voice ripped through the air with fury and excitement.

"Hey! I would like to get some attention here also!" Maggie shouted at the group of Hydra soldiers. Steve rolled his eyes at her snarky comments and went back to fighting enemies off. But Maggie was proud of her statement because it had gained her some attention. More agents put her in their sights, going in to throw a punch. She only scoffed, knowing that this would be an easy fight. But she knew the plan. She had to make it look like she was trying her best, even if she wasnt. Because she needed to get caught. To be captured. And if it looked fake, the plan was useless.

So when an agent gripped her shoulder from behind, she whipped around and clasped her hand on his forearm, using her gloves to send a shock through his body, leaving him twitching in the dirt. But more guards came and two were right on her. Instead of taking out both like she knew she could, she focused on only one and let the other kick the backs of her knees, forcing her to the ground. Steve knew what she was doing, and did the same thing with the guards he was fighting.

The Hydra agents had their guns trained on the two supersoldiers they had captured. The lead agent stepped forward and huffed. "Lets take them to the Skull." he said in a gruff voice. Then he turned and stormed away toward a building built into the mountain the camp was on. It took all of Maggie's strength not to rip the guards heads off when they yanked her roughly to her feet, but she had some self control. And from there, they were dragged to the same building as the lead guard had gone to.

*****

I let out an angry grunt as I was crudely shoved back to my knees beside Steve. The room was dim, and a lone slender figure stood a few feet away with his back to us. Steve stiffened beside me and let out a huff of breath. The man in front of us turned, his bony red face twisted in fury. Redskull. I narrowed my eyes at him and straightend my shoulders in defiance.