1❁

It was past midnight it wasn't the first time I had to stay late at work. it wasn't like I had any another option . I turned up the music and headed home. It was a good 45-minute ride to and from work, at least I wasn't the only one out at this hour. At least 20 more cars were on the road. Suddenly lighting came like a rip in the dark sky . That only meant one thing , a heavy thunderstorm was making its big performance tonight. Great! Another flash of light appeared and with it the rain came. It was pouring in buckets it had rained 2 days ago . I don't mind it but a little bit of sunshine wouldn't hurt either.

I finally arrived home it was still raining but a little harder . I grabbed the remote from the hand department and pressed the button to open the gate. Within seconds I was in front of the house. I turned off the engine and quickly got out the vehicle and ran to the front door.

" Harry ! Thank God you're home I was worried sick!" I expected the house to be dead silent but I was wrong Brooke was still up waiting on me. Brooke is the housekeeper she's in charge of the house staff. I saw her as a mother figure more than a housekeeper.

" Brooke you scared the crap out of me! Jesus! " I have her a tight hug and kissed her cheek. " You don't have to wait for me I'll get home sooner or later you know that"

"I know honey , but I can't help but worry when I don't see you come home for dinner " her hazel green looked tired and black under eye circles were beginning to show .

" I'm home now, go ahead and go to bed . Sleep in I'll inform the staff you'll be up later than usual." She gave me a warm smile pecked my cheek and made her way to her room " Oh and Brooke " She stopped and turned to look at me " Love that hairstyle on you, babe! "

"Shut it you troublemaker! This hair was trendy back in the day all the boys wanted a piece of this " she said as she fixed her hair up in a ponytail . "Good night honey! " those words she said before she disappeared out of sight .

I walked up the stairs and headed up to my room. my feet dragged with every step I took it seemed like hours getting up the stairs. I finally made it to the top and headed to my room I pushed the door open and saw that California king size bed calling my name.The room light up as lighting stroke again. I made my way to the bathroom and started taking off my Suit and slipped into some pyjama bottoms and headed back to the bed. Once by head hit the pillow I was blacked out.