2❁

The sound of thunder woke me up. Great ! I rolled over and grabbed by iPhone I turned it on it took me a few seconds for my eyes to adjust to the brightness of the screen. " 7:30 AM, Fuck!" I growled as I left the bed. The coldness of the floor sends shivers up and down my body. A shower is what I needed to wake up and start the day. within 20 or so minutes I was done headed to the closet and picked a black suit with a white dress shirt with some suede black boots.

" My baby looking extra handsome today!" Brooke said as she sat her coffee mug down on the table.

" Good morning everyone and cmon Brooke don't start with that. I'm a grown ma-" I was cut off and I felt been pushed .

" She was talking to me old man. You're not handsome like I am." Brooke and the rest of the staff broke out laughing I couldn't help but laugh along with them .

"James don't be rude to your elders! We have taught you better than that young man." Brooke gave him a mean look so did his mom .

" Yeah, little man respect your elders." I said as I stuck my tongue out at him.  He ran towards me and we began to wrestle

" Hey , hey little boys come down! Before you both get grounded" We both looked at Brooke and automatically stopped playing . " Now James where is your sister? It's getting late for y'all to go to school go tell him to hurry up."

"Yes, nana" with that he disappeared leaving the grown-ups in the kitchen. I pulled out a chair and sat on the kitchen island.  " Here you go, sir  freshly made tea just like you like it, sorry about my boy been rude "  Beth gave me a warm smiled and walked up to the pantry to get some cereal for the kids.  " Don't worry about it Beth he is are boy after all . I was like him when I was younger. " I said as I took a sip from the cup of tea. Beth had a hard life with her now ex-husband. He constantly beat her up for insignificant things . Brooke worried a lot about her and the kids. I didn't want Brooke to worry let alone let the kid live in an environment like that so one day Brooke and I went to pick them up and since then they have lived with us. of course, James and Jadah didn't stay in the staff rooms they stayed in one of the guest rooms. I took care of their education to which I had to fight both Beth and Brooke about it . But at the end, I won and the kids got sent to a private school .

"Good morning Mr. Harry " Jadah said as i bent down and went in for a good morning hug "have a nice day at work " she kissed my cheek and sat down to eat breakfast. "Thank you princess, have fun at school and take care of your brother you know how wild he gets" We both laughed I kissed her her forehead and headed out the door.