4

-Rose-
Few days had passed, filled with constant eyebrow wiggles and nudges from Newt whenever Minho was in a 30 metre radius. Frypan and I had alternating days when we cooked, which turned out great as he was thankful for the days off. It was morning right now, and the sun was about to rise soon, which meant the maze was going to open. I was making sandwiches for the runners. They always seemed so hungry when they came back so I thought it would be great if they had something to eat throughout their run. They only got one each though, so they don't get stomach cramps.

When they were done, I carefully packed them in to paper bags that I found and named them, because Ben hated tomato and Jackson wasn't a fan of cheese and Minho liked cucumber in his- which I was disgusted about, like ew, cucumber.

With the bags in hand, I came out of the kitchen and soon as I did, Jackson ran over, eagerly taking his bag.

"You're an angel, honestly." He said, as he put is lunch carefully in to his bag. The other runners came over too, and took their respective ones, the last being Minho. He smiled when he took his, his hand brushing against mine a little. I felt heat rising up to my cheeks.

"Aw, look! Isn't she cute?" Jackson pinched my cheeks. Minho looked irritated.

"Let go of her shuck-face" He said, slapping Jackson hand away.

Jackson smirked. "Why, so you can do it yourself?" He said, gave a cheeky wink and ran off to the other runners.

I looked down, my whole face red. Minho pinched both of my cheeks.

"Hey!" I glared, and he laughed.

"He's right, you are cute" He muttered and right then, the maze began to open. He let go of my cheeks and waved bye.

"See ya, sweetcheeks" He said, and ran to the east wall

I stood there, dumbfounded. What had just happened?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Mornin," Newt said, as he sat down at his place at the breakfast table.

The table was already set for the boys, and today's breakfast was pancakes. The boys all dug in, and I shook my head at their messiness.

"Morning Newt. How did you sleep?" I asked, as I cut my pancakes.

"I think I'm getting a backache." He said with a smirk.

I rolled my eyes. "I said you should just sleep on the bed. I mean, seriously Newt, you're like a brother to me"

Alby coughed into his hand "Friendzoned."

The boys around the table laughed. Chuck, who was sitting next to me stared at me for a while, then back at Newt, and then back at me, and then back at Newt, then he dropped is fork on his plate which made a loud clattering sound.

"What is it Chuck?" Alby asked.

Chuck had his mouth open, and stared at both of us. "Y...you have the same expression right now, and the same eye colour, and the s..same hair colour." I looked back at Newt. He had scrunched up his nose, confused. His hair and mine was the same shade of blonde and the grey eyes that I looked at in the mirror was staring back at me.

Alby looked at both of us too. "You're right Chuck, they do look quite similar don't they?"

"Heyy, Catch me!" I yelled as I threw my 5 year old self at the blonde haired boy while I ran to him. The boy, who looked like 7, caught me and we both fell in to the grass, giggling.

"Kids, It's time for lunch!" We both turned around to see a man, with blonde hair identical to the boy's beneath me. We both scrambled up and ran towards him, and he caught both of us, hoisted me up on to his waist and held the boy's hand as we walked back to the house.

"Newt, can you tell me the story about how you got the scar again?" I asked, as I bounced along in my father's embrace.

"Well you see Rose, I was sleeping one day, and there was weird noises coming from my closet. So I got up, picked up my sword and my shield and charged at the monster that was escaping from the closet. One of his huge claws swiped at my knee but I didn't stop running at him with my sword. Then I went like swoosh and his huge claw came off!. Then I went BAM! And stabbed him, and he made these screeching sounds before he died." The boy described, making stabbing actions with his imaginary sword, and imitating the monster that was dying.

My father laughed. "Son, you have to tell her the truth and say that you fell down when you were riding your bike."

"But daddd," Newt whined, "That's boring"

A tear escaped my eyes as the memory replayed itself.

"Newt." I choked out. "D..do you have a scar on your knee?"