9

-Rose-

The boy stood, his hands bond behind his back, a collar around his throat which was attached to a long pole. At the other end stood Gally and Minho, who were surprisingly not fighting for once.

Alby said in a solemn voice. "Boy without name, you've been sentenced to Banishment for the attempted murder of Rose the Cook. The Keepers have spoken, and their word ain't changin'. And you ain't coming back. Ever"

With its loud moaning sounds, the walls leading to the maze began to close. The boy's lazy grin slipped off his face when he realised that he was serious. Gally and Minho began to push him through the gap.

"Wait, no. You'll regret this. Its her you need to banish, not me, her!" His eyes held a wild light as he looked back at the group. It found mine, standing behind Newt, holding on to his shirt.

"You will burn, witch" The boy said, and the doors slammed shut.

Jackson whistled. "Well he sure is cheery." Uneasy chuckles rang around the group and the boys began to disperse, clapping Minho and Gally's shoulder on their way. Before he left, Jackson ruffled my hair and Minho shooed his hands away, earning a small giggle.

Newt patted him on the shoulder and left with Chuck, and Minho took hold of my wrist and tugged me towards the small clearing.

The sun had completely set now, and as we looked up at the sky, stars began to appear, twinkling individually, but somehow together.

"They're so pretty"

"Not as pretty as you" Minho said in a flirty voice and I laughed, looking at him. He was laying down on his side, his arm propping up his head, and he was smirking at me. I smiled and ruffled is hair, making it messier. 

He grabbed my hand and pulled, which made me ruoll into his chest. His arms came around, one being a pillow for my head, and the other slipping into my back pocket. 

"Hey," I said, laughing, swatting his hand away. "Hands to yourself" 

In response he snaked it around my waist and held me as I began to fall asleep from all the warmth he was radiating.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was a brightly lit white room. A girl lay on the bed, strapped down, her blonde hair fanning out over the surface of the bed. She seemed to be asleep, her breathing even, and a heart monitor that was attached to her arm was beeping in steady intervals. 

It was me.

Although, it wasn't me, because I was me, and I was standing outside the glass wall, looking in.

Two boys joined me and the three of us stood, looking at.. well, me

It was Newt and Minho - the younger version of themselves- maybe 14, or 13 I wasn't sure.

"Hey, when do you think she's going to wake up?" Minho asked Newt. He shrugged dejectedly. 

"I don't know. I want to make sure to say goodbye to her before we leave in a few days. She better wake up by then." They're voice were echo-y and I could tell that I was invisible to them

"Do you know where we are going?" Minho asked as they started walking away. I hurriedly followed them.

"I dunno, to do a test or something, I'm not sure." They became silhouettes right in front of my eyes, then faded into nothing.

Another scene unfolded before me. I watched as my other self stuffed clothes into a bag and sneak quietly into a room, swiping a key card at the door.

Monitors after monitors showed the glade, on the left, the wall was marked 'A' while on the right, it was marked 'B'. They seemed to be two different groups, one full of boys, the other full of girls. The other me stopped and turned facing me, as if she could see me. She grabbed a pen from a nearby desk and ripped a page out of her diary and wrote something down hastily, and held it up, towards me

"WE HAVE TO CURE HIM"

As I watched shocked, she nodded at me, balled her fist, and smashed it through a glass cabinet. Alarms began to sound and she grabbed a small plastic bottle containing a single pill and stuffed it in her bag and held up a syringe, filled with clear liquid and stabbed it in her arm, then ran towards something that seemed like an elevator. People rushed into the room, and just before they could get to her, she pressed the red button on the wall and slipped inside, the metal contraption ascending.

The scientists cursed, and watched the screen as boys began to gather as the box came into the glade.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~