one

ONLINE chatting had its advantages.

having problems talking to people face-to-face, being conscious of how one looks, having to reply to a person's comment immediately with adequate reaction instead of having the privilege of a few seconds to compose one's reply properly, being constantly watched for one's expression and reaction when these could be performed with a simple LOL over textㅡall solved through mobile interaction.

however, most of these advantages couldn't exactly apply to jeon jeongguk.

sometimes he would wonder why he'd ever turned to the texting world when he'd been doing just fine in his own. he was quite the social butterflyㅡhe had friends wherever he turned. he looked hella fine and he knew it. he had no problem thinking up witty remarks on the spot. he was worthy of being a meme for his wide array of magnificently timed expressions.

he wouldn't question this particular choice of his too much, thoughㅡbesides, if he had never strayed out of his normal circle of friends and explored the idea of chatting with virtual strangers, how would he have ever met her?

if there was one thing that always had jeongguk at a complete loss, it was girls. he remembered his one unsuccessful attempt to hit on one of his friends' sisterㅡhe'd expected that she'd be just like her brother with an identical sense of humor. what he hadn't expected was that she'd turn her nose up at him, scoff and walk away.

that had been one of his most tragic fails.

jeongguk's confidence took a significant blow after that rather embarrassing incident. he decided to steer way clear of this queer species of females, who traveled around in packs, had unexpected mood swings (boy, had he gotten an extra large dose of that on that one fateful day at jinyoung'sㅡhis sister was even worse than yoongi's), and fangirl over jawlines. the last gave jeongguk a reason to smirk, recalling jooheon's rant of his sister fawning over jeongguk's jaw. "i bet if i touched it, my hand would come away mangled, omigosh! it's razor sharp, jooheon! razor!"

jeongguk didn't deny it.

one fine day, he found himself entering his details in a site for a chat with a random strangerㅡhe'd input his age and gender and what he wanted from the other party, and voila! hello, random person.

YOU

AGE
16 - 18 ⬜
19 - 23 ☑
24 - 30 ⬜
31 - 40 ⬜
40 +      ⬜

GENDER
MALE     ☑
FEMALE ⬜
OTHER  ⬜

THEM

AGE
16 - 18 ⬜
19 - 23 ☑
24 - 30 ⬜
31 - 40 ⬜
40 +     ⬜

GENDER
MALE     ⬜
FEMALE ⬜
OTHER  ⬜

oh hell no.

GENDER
MALE      ☑
FEMALE ⬜
OTHER  ⬜

he'd had enough experience with women for a lifetimeㅡoffline and online.

SEARCHING FOR MATCHES . . .

1 MATCH FOUND!
start chatting

within a few seconds, a person matching jeongguk's description had popped up, and he'd tapped it without a second thought.