eight

it's not ugly.

jimin stood in front of the full-length mirror, shifting his body slightly to the left and right and squinting slightly.

is it?

he released a groan and pulled the striped shirt off, crumpling it into an angry ball and flinging it across the room. hugging his bare chest and shivering slightly, he scanned over the other candidates strewn across his bed.

"lint," he muttered, separating a top from the bed and serving it a similar fate to the first shirt. "torn. old. faded. ugly. lint, lint, lint."

the pile of rejected clothes gradually grew in size.

"this is stupid," he finally announced to no one in particular, flopping down on the bed. "he won't even be able to see me, what am i doing?"

if he'd expected the clothes to reply to him or something, he was disappointed.

jimin was snapped out of his state of self-pity for owning no decent clothing when he felt a buzz go through his thigh, and retrieved his phone from his jeans' pocket.

3 messages from 3 chats
VIEW

WARMJOONS
one more hour! #hype

JIMBLES
yay !!!!

···

WARMSEOKS
one more hour. :)

JIMBLES
YAY !!!!!!!!!

···

BYUNGTAE
ONE MORE HOUR JIMINIE

JIMBLES
fuck you taehyung

"one more hour," jimin repeated to himself.

a pause.

jimin looked towards the pile of discarded shirts.

···

"this the place?"

this was the place.

jimin stared out of the car window in aweㅡthe blindfold was legit?ㅡuntil the cab driver cleared his throat loudly.

"this the place?" he repeated, slowly.

"y-yes." jimin fumbled in his pocket and handed the driver the required cash, before scooting out of the door.

"thank you!" he called after the retreating vehicle.

jimin played with his sleeves nervously, making his way up to the entrance. he caught his reflection in the glass window and flicked a spot of dust off of his black-and-white striped shirt, before clenching his fists in determination. it is not ugly.

he pushed open the door and let himself in, the soft tinkle of entrance bell soothing his nerves considerably.

"HEY!"

... and then some guy decided to barrel into him, so so much for that. jimin tried to remember the last time he'd opened a door and someone hadn't lunged at himㅡhe found the fact that he couldn't recall one slightly depressing.

jimin managed to glance over his attacker's profile, and released a gasp of realization. "hoseok hyung?" he wasn't exactly sure why hoseok was holding him by the scruff of his shirt or why his expression was twisted in rage, but decided it would be safest not to mention it. "h-hey, how's it going?"