Me+Cooking=Disaster

Prologue ~

Cassie Summer's life was about as good as her life could get. It was finally the summer holidays, where she can sleep in, do whatever she wants and spend time with her two best friends Hunter and Aislinn. But when her Dad leaves to go on a Business trip for a month and a mysterious and may I say attractive young man moves in next door Cassie's relaxing holiday soon turns hectic as she goes to war with her new neighbour.

~~

 "Is that a challenge? Babe you know I never back down from a challenge and I never lose, he lowered his head down to my ear, whispering, "and I always get what I want." I shivered at thecloseness and my eye twitched slightly, while he just stood there with that stupid grin on his face, oh how I would love to wipe it right off. Stupid jerk. Does this boy really think he can beat me? I'll teach him never to mess with me again.

"We'll see about that." Now it was my turn to smirk. He looked shock for a quick second, before covering it up with a smile and mischievous glint in his eyes. I do not like that look of that smile.

"So does that mean you accept?"

I nodded my head, "Oh it is on." So on.....

Little did I know it would cause me to be "At War With My Neighbour."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 1 ~ Me+Cooking=Disaster

Cassie's POV:

I heard my alarm clock go off. My eyes cracked open slightly, sunlight streamed through my blinds. I opened my eyes a bit more and blinked, blinded by the light, my alarm continued beeping, I reached for it, my arm knocking something over in the process, I swore under by breath. I threw my blanket off, and got up. I unplugged the clock, and went to my window, "Hahahaha, this is what you get for waking me up," opening my window, and throwing it out. I smiled in triumphant, as I watched the clock smash into pieces on the road. Yeah, I guess you can say I'm not a morning person, that or I’m crazy.

NOW I can go get some more sleep, besides school just finished, which means I have the whole summer to sleep in until 12 and do whatever I want and that includes today. I sighed and hopped back into bed when I heard a voice calling from down the hall. "HONEY, ARE YOU UP?"   "Aaarrgh," I groaned, rolling over and pulling the covers over my head. I heard the tapping sound, ok more like stomping of my father's footsteps, yeah my dad’s one of those people who can't be quiet, my mum always said he sounds like an elephant, my door creaked as he walked into my bedroom.

"Cass?” he whispered. I slowed my breathing and pretended to be asleep, you're probably wondering why I did this, well you see my dad works for this law firm who are constantly flying him out to places all over the country, so yeah I'm usually by myself for weeks at a time, and before he leaves he always gives me this big lecture about boys, parties and all this stuff, and he usually does this very early in the morning. So if I pretend to sleep, he just writes a letter telling me all that stuff, so I see it as a way of avoiding something boring, and gaining more sleep, I mean wouldn't you? I felt my dad kiss my head and walk out of the room, a few minutes later he was gone.

I tried to get back to sleep but I couldn't, I kicked off the blankets and stomped down the hall and into the kitchen. Just as I suspected there was a note on the fridge.

Cassie,

Worked called so I won't be back for a month. I'm sorry and I love you, I promise we will spend some time together this summer. Margaret, will be over once a day to do the laundry, dishes and clean the house, ok.