Ceromony

I waited downstairs for everyone while nervously biting my fingers. My brother's little horrifying story was in the back of my mind as i thought about what the next hour would hold.

Flashback

"Grandma, i don't understand." I exclaimed as my 5 year old self to the older women hovering above me.

"Sweetheart, you're an angel, but you're also a werewolf an-"

"Just like the stories, right grandma.?" Damian asked beside me.

"Yes, little one. Just like the stories" she nodded sadly.

"But," she faltered.

"But, do you know what happens to them when the council finds out?" she asked with tears brimming her eyes.

"No, grandma." my brother and I said together.

"W-well, the council is..." she trails again so I held her hand.

"The council is scared of you, who knows why, you're both my sweet little babies." she giggled as she pinched my brothers' cheek.

"So, my darlings, you can't let anyone know your secret. Not anyone." she said firmly.

"But, why grandma!" my brother whined.

"B-because... you know what people do when they're scared of something?" she asked, the tears now dripping down

"They kill it."

End of (very dramatic) flashback

Everyone came rushing down the stairs, giggling and laughing (Probably still at me). I turned to them, seeing Avery first then my brother.

"Hey, sis!" he exclaimed to me like nothing had happened and wrapped an arm around me.

"H-hey," I said, my voice cracking when I said it. He looked at me with a questioning look but I just unwrapped his arm from me.

"What is it?" he asked quietly so no-one heard. But still Luke looked up at Damian and I. I smiled as big as I could at Luke then turned to my brother.

"Just a bit nervous, that's all!" I said with added enthusiasm and walked off to Amelia.

"Hey, Ame- is that my shirt?" I asked her as she twirled around.

"Yes, but I thought you wouldn't mind since you are wearing my dress." she said smirking at me.

"I don't mind one bit, you look amazing," I replied to her and curtsied.

"And you as well," she said in a horrible cockney accent. I giggled with her as we started talking about the best shopping spots and I quickly forgot all my troubles.

"Mia!" Luke called for me from the other room.

"I'll be right back, ok?" I told Amelia

"Yes, my dear, will you bring me a pale of water when you come back?" She used her cockney accent and I was laughing too hard to answer. By the time I walked into the next room next to Luke my laughter died down but I covered up my soft laughter with a shaking hand.

"Sweetheart, this is my mom and dad," Luke said proudly gesturing to the pair. My laughter uprurblty stopped as I saw them. His mother was beautiful, with hair like her son and cheekbones higher than the Eiffel Tower.

His father stood tall, judging everything in motions as Luke wrapped an arm around me. He looked happy to see me, but as he looked me over he seemed to become displeased.  His eyes were just like Luke's but they were scarier and they glared over my body. But unfortunately I could tell he was looking at my power. He was former alpha so I'm certain he recognized power when he saw it.