Chapter 9: The Plan

At her house, Nadine was laying on her bed for hours. She's feeling nervous, anxious, and scared. Suddenly, her phone buzzed, indicating a new message she received. It's from the same unknown number.

Unknown number: "Today's the day."

Nadine felt more nervous.

Nadine: "They probably think I was stupid for not coming to school today."

Unknown number: "That's the plan, Nadine. You're lucky Josephine volunteered to do this alone."

Nadine: "Josephine? Really?"

Unknown number: "Yes, she made it easier for us."

Nadine: "She's gonna kill me. What will I do?"

Unknown number: "She won't. I won't let her kill you. We're a team."

Nadine: "What if she does kill me?"

Unknown number: "Mark my words, Nadine. She won't. Now just stick to the plan. Once she can't kill you, we reveal ourselves at that moment. And then we finish her off. Understand?"

Nadine smirked and replied.

Nadine: "Understand."

That night

Josephine paced back and forth, nervous about what she would do. Killing her own friend? That's not how she did it. She's not a killer. But it's for the best, she thought. Otherwise her friends would've been killed every night, or even her. If she doesn't stop this now, it'll never end.

But she was also not sure about it. Is Nadine really the Werewolf? Was Cella telling the truth? Or did Cella make up a story about Nadine? But no, it has to be Nadine. Cella's telling the truth, wasn't she? She seemed serious about it. And Nadine's acting a little bit weird lately. So that explained a lot.

Josephine thought about how will she do it. She thought about how the Werewolves killed people. With a knife, isn't it? Because the way her friends died, it really showed that they were stabbed and slashed. So she went to the kitchen to grab a kitchen knife.

"Is this really the way?"

She said to herself reflected in the knife. She felt like a murderer.

"Screw it. It has to be this way."

She grabbed her phone, unlocked it, and sent a message to Ed.

Josephine: "Pick me up now."

A few moments later, Ed replied.

Ed: "On my way."

Ten minutes later, Ed arrived at Josephine's house.

Josephine got in the car.

Josephine: "Hey."

Ed: "Hey, so you're ready for this?"

Josephine sighed.

Josephine: "Yeah."

Ed stepped on the gas. They went silent.

Ed: "Josephine?"

Josephine: "Yeah?"

Ed: "Are you sure about this? I mean, I'll always be by your side, but, what if it's... not her?"

Josephine: "You heard what Cella said. The messages explained it all. She must be in on it. Not to mention her weird behaviours lately. And I just can't... accept the fact that my friends died every night. So this is what I must do, you know?"

Ed: "It's okay, Josephine. I understand."

Ed smiled to Josephine.

Josephine: "Can I ask you a question?"

Ed: "You already did."

Josephine rolled her eyes. Ed laughed.

Ed: "Okay, I'm serious. What is it?"

Josephine: "Umm, why did you want to come with me tonight? I mean, you didn't have to and I can do it on my own."

Ed went silent for a moment.

Ed: "I don't wanna lose you, Josephine."

Josephine smiled at Ed, who then smiled back. They went silent for a second.

Josephine: "I'm so lucky to have you, Ed."

Meanwhile

Kelly's washing her hands in her bathroom. She looked at the mirror and thought, it's gonna be a disaster. She knows who the Werewolves are, but she's too scared to admit it. She remembered the day the Werewolf came to her house and told her to keep her mouth shut about the game. Or else, they'll kill her.

She layed on her bed and let out a sigh. What is she gonna do? Tell them and get killed or shut up and let it all happen?

After lots of thinking, she finally made a decision.

Kelly took her phone and scrolled through her contacts. She searched a name and dialled it. A few moments later, the person picked up.

Cella: "Yeah?"

Kelly: "Cella."

Cella: "Kelly. You called."

Kelly: "Yeah, you realized."

Cella: "What do you want?"

Kelly: "Umm, I... I need to talk to you."

Cella went silent.

Cella: "Is it about Nadine?"

Kelly: "Yeah, I think so, yeah.."

Cella sighed.

Cella: "Kelly, are you calling to tell me that you're worried? Because if you are, don't be. It's Nadine, obviously. I know you're scared, but this is the right thing to do. You probably think that I was lying about what I said, but I didn't, okay? Josephine's on her way to Nadine's house and she's gonna-"

Kelly: "No. Listen to me."

Cella went confused.

Cella: "... Okay."

Kelly: "I'm gonna tell you something but promise me to not freak out or be mad at me, okay?"

Cella: "Okay I promise. What?"

Kelly went silent for a second.

Kelly: "So a few days ago... there's this person that came to my place."

Cella: "Then?"

Kelly: "It's the Werewolf."

Cella's eyes grew wide.

Cella: "Please don't tell me you knew this whole time."

Kelly gulped.

Kelly: "Cella, I do. That's why I called you."

Cella: "No.. No..."

Kelly: "I'm sorry, okay? I'll explain it to you. So-"

Cella: "Kelly. I wanna know what's the real purpose of you calling me at the first place."

Kelly: "I just think that we gotta go get help. It's a trap."

Cella: "Wait, what?! What do you mean it's a trap?!"

Kelly: "It's their part of the plan... Nadine, she.. she's..."

Cella: "She's WHAT, Kelly?!"

Kelly gulped, her breathing quickened.

Kelly: "She's not the Werewolf."

Cella's eyes widened, her jaw dropped. Now they gotta act fast, or something bad is gonna happen.