Quest #1: THE HALLOWEEN MASH (CLOSED)

Hello, dear magnificent authors! This is the time to unveil the best of you! The manner of doing so, you ask? Well, the manner of doing it, we say!

What is the Quest all about?

So, stumbling upon the main aspect of the entity, that what actually the goal of the quest is? What is it which we seek you to accomplish?

The quest has the following prompt. Think over the prompt wisely, and inscribe a beautiful entry out of it.

PROMPT

• You need to construct a plot, wherein you have to include Dark Fiction in some sort of manner.

The plot, which you'll construct, must begin with the following sentences.

The broad moonlit surroundings, that laid bare to the sharp biting wind, which flew through its own course, was adorned with the clear night sky, the moon seeming to be engraved as the sky's most precious jewel. But on the other hand, opposite to what laid around me, my mind possesed a completely different stature, trying to seek comfort and solace. I was profusely sweating, with sweat wrapping my body with fear and my heart couldn't cease from pulsating wildly. My inner instincts were clearly telling me, that they were coming for me. Coming to stake my life at the doors of death.

• Use the following words in your story:
1. Graveyard
2. Spirits
( Please highlight these words so it becomes easy for us to spot them in your story)

• Make it as much goose bumping and interesting as you could!

Are there any sorts of restrictions?

Yes, a quest cannot be orderly until it has certain restrictions. They are:

1. Do not plagiarise other's creations.
2. The words used in the story must not be more than 2,000.

What is the deadline for the quest?

The deadline is the Halloween's eve, i.e. 30th October, 2016. Any entries past this date will not be accepted.

How do I enter?

Just enter into the quest, while posting 'I'm in!' in the Comments area. You might also tag other people whom you feel, might be interested! When you publish your story, do tag us, so we could keep a record of our entries.

When will the results be declared?

The results would be declared in our book, called The REALM of FAME on 7th November, 2016. So keep a watch!

Are there any prizes to felicitate the winners?

Of course, yes! We have a bunch of prizes for our 'The Halloween Mash' winners. Here do they follow.

WINNER

• A sticker to place upon the cover of your book, beholding the winning story.
• Reviews on five chapters on any book of your choice from one of our members.
• A detailed view about your entry and you, in our book called The REALM of FAME.
• A shout out on The CRYPTIC's wall.

RUNNER UP

• Reviews on three chapters on any book of your choice, from one of our members.
• A glorious mention in our book called The REALM of FAME.

So let the quest begin! Turn your thinking gears and come up with a story which is like nothing else that has been ever discovered.

Wandering through Middle Earth and undiscovered galaxies,
The CRYPTIC