Three

Derek's heart beat hard against his chest, so hard it felt like it would burst through his skin.

He paced back and forth across the floors of the waiting room,
In his hand he held a cup of coffee which was nearly empty from it spilling onto the floor from his shaky hands.

This was his 7th cup of coffee since he had arrived at the hospital, right now it was heading into hour 5 he had been waiting for, with no answers.

The only answer he could get was "hes not doing good, we need to get him into surgery immediately. " which wasn't directed at him, he only heard from the medics while on the ambulance.

Derek's heart felt as if it was tearing apart from the thought of Spencer dying.

The machine belched out fast rapid, unsteady, beeps while the medics got to work, it had flat lined once and Derek felt his whole world shatter, he felt as if he would fall apart, but when he heard the machine come to life again, Derek breathed a sigh of relief.

Derek downed the rest of his coffee and crushed the Styrofoam cup in his hand before tossing it onto the floor.

He headed to the coffee machine again, and poured himself another cup of steaming coffee.

He took a drink, the hot liquid trickled down his throat, soothing it, the taste wasn't pleasant,  this was his 8th cup and the taste wasn't the same as the first.

He dropped the cup of coffee, splashing the hot liquid onto the floor out of surprise at someone's voice.

He turned around and saw JJ, Garcia, and Emily standing in front of him with the look of worry on there faces.

"How is he?" JJ asks gently putting her hand on his shoulder.

He shrugged it off and frowned.

"They wont tell me" he demanded.

"Im sure he'll make it Derek, you have to believe that, you need to pray" JJ says softly.

"What if he doesn't though?!" Derek snuffles.

"Derek...stop thinking like that, come on,  sit down. " JJ says gesturing towards the chairs behind them.

He sighs and moves towards them, slouching down next to JJ and Emily.

Garcia cleaned the mess he had just made with napkins and sat down next to them.

"He's going to be okay, that guy, hes dead Derek, you killed him, you stopped him from hurting him or anyone else, you're a hero." Emily smiles sadly.

"I sure as well don't feel like one." Derek grumbled.

"Derek...stop" JJ frowned.

Derek stared at her with big, brown,  hurt eyes.

"When I found him, he was so horrified of me, he was mortified, I only wanted to help him...I wanted to save him but he looked at me like his worst nightmare, and he was so scared he fainted, and when I held him in my arms I could feel his bones, he was as light as a child. He was bruised so badly, I could also feel broken bones, lots of them. He was scalded too..I dont know what from, but his clothes were damp, I assume that it was boiling water, and he would torture him. But...why? Why would he torture him? Why not kill him? Why did he just torture him all these years. " Derek was crying now, and JJ held him.

"The guy was a psychopath Derek, he got a kick out of that kind of stuff, but hes gone now..and this is all over. "

***

Hour 8

"Derek Morgan? " A voice asked.

They all glanced up to a doctor wearing scrubs, holding a clipboard.

He pulled down his mask and sighed.

"Is he okay? " Derek squeaked.

"Hes stable, but unconscious, we don't know how long he'll be out but he is stable. He had a 3 broken ribs, a broken jaw,a shattered wrist,
A shattered ankle, internal bleeding and his skin was damaged badly but it should heal, it will take a while though but it should come back."

"Oh god..' Derek gasps.

"Im so sorry" the doctor says, his voice cracking like he'd cry.

"Can I see him?" Derek asks.

"Im afraid not sir, I have orders for you and Penelope Garcia not to see him from an Aaron Hotchner he said you both were fired."