Chapter 2

---------------

It was like nothing I've ever seen before.

It was like a fairy tale, mesmerisingly beautiful.

"Close your mouth sweetheart you might catch flies" my dad said pushing my jaw up a bit."Its so beautiful" I whispered ignoring his smartass comment.

"I know sweetheart" he started "I just wanted to tell you, not to be afraid, I promise you I'll be with you every step of the way, remember that"

He pulled me in for a hug and kissed the top of my head, muttering a few curse words when we were interrupted by the beefy bodyguard.

"You're gonna have to let go now human scum, she has to stand in line with the other girls" he said, but not without emphasizing the word "scum".

Dirty mutt.

"Don't worry Adara you might not even find you're soul mate" "Hopefully" he added glaring at the perverted bodyguard that kept sending lustful glances my way.

I hugged my dad once more muttering an "I love you " in his ear.

"I love you too Adara "he said just as the bodyguard grabbed my arm surprisingly gently and pulled me towards the girls standing in line waiting for their faith.

Please God, help me.

___________________

"My Lord, they're waiting for you" one of the guards that stood outside my door said while bowing down.

No one in this world would dare look they're king in the eye, unless they want a slow painful death.

I smirked at the thought.

"I'll be down in a minute, now get out mutt" I growled the last part making the filthy mutt sprint out the door like the dog he was.

These little parties were a waste of time and space anyways.

I knew I'd never find her, I was to be alone forever because I was a monster in everyone's eyes, including the God's.

The God's cursed me to never find my beloved .

Growling angrily I stepped down the long stairway and headed towards the gathering hoping to strike some fear in people's eyes, when suddenly the most delicious scent hit me.

Vanilla and Coconut.

Delicious.

Simply mesmerizing.

Slamming open the ball doors I strode in earning frightful gasps from the people and creature's around me.

My inner beast growled in lust and need as the scent grew stronger.

Taking long strides I finally found what I was looking for,nearly drooling at the site of this angel, my heart heaved with a strong emotion.

An emotion I never felt before.

Love.

She was mine.

--------------------