Chapter Two: Awkward Training

You were woken up by a bell sound followed by a robotic, womanly voice,"All recruits must head to your daily training routines now."

You groaned,"Ugh more sleep please," lazily getting out the bed, dragging your feet across the cold hard floor. Making your way over to the closet, you remember Dr. Ziegler mentioning that you had a jumpsuit you need to wear for training. You found it in the closet hanged up nicely. It was mostly grey and black with the the Overwatch symbol in the middle of the torso. You weren't that all hyped about wearing this thing in the first place but you knew it was mandatory.

Putting on the suit wasn't as difficult as you thought it be. Surprisingly it fitted nicely, despite how tight it looked. You almost felt naked because of it.

Feeling like you know where to get going, you stepped out the door. Since that computer-like voice just to head to training, it didn't take long for you to figure out it was probably the training room you were going to.

You walked out your room in your jumpsuit. You expected to see other agents walking out their dorms too, but no one else was in the halls. You then got the feeling you were late so you sped up your pace and rushed through the building. Certainly you wouldn't to be late on your first day. You already had a sort of bad impression with Reyes.

Wait...Gabriel Reyes is your instructor now.

Oh crap this is going to be embarrassing, you thought to yourself as a instant blush crept onto your face. How in the world were you going to get through weeks of him being your teacher? And why were you so bothered by it anyway? You just had to be nosy and get yourself in an awkward situation. And now you were paying for it.

You made it down to same area you first visited when Dr. Ziegler was your tour guide. Though, she only did show you this room since you took it upon yourself to explore without her.

Walking to the training space, that heavy feeling made its way to your gut. You wondered how many people would be in there. Was that speedy girl in your class? What about that spacesuit gorilla? Where was that guy anyway? He seemed interesting. Not everyday you see a giant gorilla walking around you know.

Alright, here goes nothing. You slowly opened one of the two large doors. It creaks made you feel like you were drawing attention to yourself. However, there would be no attention on you since there were only...one person here.

A guy with a cowboy hat standing in the middle of the room.

A skeptical look appeared on your face as you scanned the room for anyone else. No one came to sight though.

Maybe I'm just in the wrong place... you thought to yourself. Just as you were about to leave, a voice kept halted your step,

"Hey you!"

You turned your heels and face the direction the voice came from. Nonetheless, it came from the dude with the hat. You took a step closer to show he had your attention. He waved his hand, gesturing you to come closer. You hesitantly walked closer, still not sure if he meant you (even though you were the only other person in there)

Now standing in front of the tall facial haired man, you could tell he had a sort of high confidence of himself. You weren't really sure what showed it though. Maybe it was the hands on hips and sly smirk he was giving you while puffing his chest. You crossed your arms and spoke,"Yes?"

He tipped his hat to you,"Howdy. Name's Jesse McCree. Who might you be darlin'?" His southern accent stuck out to you.

"I'm (Y/N) (L/N)." You gave a small smile. He eyed you a bit longer before responding,