Chapter Five: Emotions

Almost an entire month has passed by. A month full of fun and chaos. You didn't even notice how much time had gone by.

During this month, you had found yourself acting weird. But it was only when a certain someone was around.

You noticed your heart rate speed up at their presence. Your cheeks would burn up at their sight. You would stutter a bit when talking to them. This bothered you immensely. You would often curse yourself for feeling this way.

And of course, this person was none other than Gabriel Reyes.

This would only last for about a minute before you would calm yourself down and you would act normal again. In a way, you kind of liked this feeling. However, you began to suspect a reason why you felt this way.

You were being in denial. Your mind set told you it wasn't true if you didn't accept it. It's not like you've known him for a long time. So it couldn't possibly be like that.

Nope. Nope. I don't like him like that.

Except, those thoughts, were overridden by a moment that happened not that long ago...

You were training as usual. Jesse wasn't there today, making it just you and Gabriel. You didn't mind much since you wouldn't get to hear all the bickering every once in a while.

Gabriel had instructed you to spar with him since the lack of Jesse.

"What?! I can't do that!" You exclaimed, knowing how fully capable he was of beating you.

"That's an order, (Y/N)." He gave you a stern look. He wasn't wrong. He is your teacher and you were his disciple.

You pouted."I feel like you would kill me."

He sighed."I'm not going to kill you. Just throw a punch at me." He walked over in front of you and waited. You looked up at his tall figure causing you to feel a bit nervous.

You did as he said and raised your arm. But before you could even aim for him, he already had your arm in a lock behind your back. It took you a minute to realize what just happened.

Your eyes widen in shock."Wha-? How did you do that?!"

"Your reaction time needs to be quicker." He stated bluntly.

Due to your flexibility, you weren't in much pain. But this position wasn't exactly comfortable. You tried to get out of his grip with no avail.

Gabriel chortled at your struggling."Calm down and figure out a way to get free."

You inhaled and thought about what to do. You would need to somehow catch him off guard so he would lose his stance. Having something in mind, you head butted his chest with the back of your skull, making him lose some footing. His grip on your arm also loosened a bit.

Having more room for your arm to move, you were able to turn around and throw another punch at him. Because of his high skill in fighting, he was able to catch your fist in mid-air.

He brought both your arms together above your head."That was a good start. But it didn't get you anywhere, did it?"

You pressed your lips together at his smart-ass comment. You then noticed how close the two of you were. You could practically feel his breathing on your face. Your torsos almost touching. It made your body go completely weightless.

Your arms were still locked by his hands. But your focus was on his touch. It made you blush at how close his hands were from touching yours. Just thought the thought alone made you excited.

You both stayed like that for a good minute before he broke the silence.

"(Y/N)." He said your name catching you off guard.

You looked into his eyes."O-oh sorry. I kinda got lost there."

"Yeah. I could tell." He let go of your arms. You slowly brought your hands to your chest as you felt your heart rate increased. You rubbed your wrists immediately missing his touch.

"Try not to loose focus in battle like that. Always stay on guard." He said crossing his arms.

You nodded slowly. Looking back up at his face. You noticed his handsome features. His dark eyes pouring into yours. It was driving you crazy.

This wasn't the first time you felt like this. You've experienced this kind of feeling countless times around him.

And it was at that moment, you accepted the fact you had crush on your mentor.

Ever since that day, you've been feeling down. You knew there was no time to be feeling like this. You had to commit your time to training and fighting. Distractions were the last thing you needed. Especially love interests.

There's is no time for you be acting like this, (Y/N).

You still enjoyed the little moments you had with him during training. He was still your friend and he meant a lot to you. You would never try to push that away.

However, you couldn't let him know how you really felt. Gabriel already had a lot on his plate and you didn't want to add more. It would mess up everything between you two. You certainly didn't want to risk losing him as a friend.

You hated this. It was messing with your head. You kept asking yourself, why?

Why did you feel like this? Why him? Why did it hurt? Why did feel good? Just...why?

You quickly gave up on your thoughts followed by a long sigh.

Besides...

It would never work out.

He wouldn't like me back anyways.

○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○

Heyoo! This week is going to suck! Too much exams and crap. But at least I finished another chapter for y'all. This chapter was a doozey since a lot was going on in (Y/N)'s head. I also apologize if this chapter was confusing. I'm currently writing this in a long car trip and I do get car sick easily. But I wanted to finish this and let you all read this.

I've been seeing so much comments about how much you all love this story and it makes me so happy!! You have no idea. Each comment brings a smile to my face. Please continue to show your love with votes and comments! I see and read every single and I do appreciate each one very much so!!

I love you all and thank you so much!!!