All of Me

Severus' POV:

The next minute, Draco and I attacked.

"Hey! Hey! What are you doing there? You! You! Who are you! What are you doing!" I shouted to the nearby, sandy haired guard.

"Shut up, you! You have no business speaking to me like that! You and I are completely different! You're completely mad! Leave me alone!" The guard instantly riled up, as expected, and Draco snatched the keys as he grabbed his hands onto my cell bars. "Hey! Malfoy! Leave me be! Give me my keys! Give them back, you fool!" He whirled and faced Draco, which is when I snagged the wand. A nice make, too expensive for any guard but not too expensive for a common Death Eater. "Bloody hell! Give that back, you git!"

"Avada Kedavra!" I whispered, silencing the prison halls once more.

He fell hard, and I snickered. The dark arts were truly becoming my better half. I whispered to his unmoving body that the deed was for Hermione and he was filth beneath my feet. Draco let me out of my cell moments later. I kicked the body for good measure and spit on it while stepping over it.

"Perhaps we should restrain ourselves from the Killing Curse unless it's absolutely necessary." Malfoy cut into my thoughts. "It's not what Hermione would want."

He did have a good point. Hermione had once told me she kept the baby because there had been enough bloodshed in the war and any more was simply unnecessary and rude. I nodded silently and pushed forward in my work on getting us out.

We had made it three quarters of the way out when a whole lineup of guards came stomping down the hall in unison. Bloody hell. Why couldn't anything ever be easy for me?

"Maximus Petrificus Totalus!" Draco bellowed, freezing every guard in place. They then fell like dominoes and Draco and I couldn't help but laugh. "Mione taught me that one. Bloody brilliant, she is. She said she learned it from the Half-Blood Prince. That he was her hero and her crush. I suppose we both oughta be jealous of him, huh?"

"Obviously." I muttered, already sick of the direction the conversation was headed.

"I do wonder who on earth he is. He was extremely good at education, an exceptionally bright wizard, she says. She talks about him all the time. I can't seem to get his name out of her, though. Do you have any ideas as to who it may be?" He rambled.

"No idea." I mumbled back, agitated by his constant chattering.

"Oh, that's alright. Some of us aren't as bright as others. Don't worry, Snape." He said without thinking or having any meaning behind it. 

"Certainly." I agreed, knowing the comment would completely escape his mind when he finally realized my true alias. "Perhaps we should continue before we start snogging dementors?"

"Oh, yes!" He snapped back to attention, forgetting the conversation at hand. I was thankful he did, anymore talk about how Hermione was swoonig over the 'Half-Blood Prince' and I may have just come out and told him to shut him up.

We raced down the halls and out of Azkaban, into a tornado of dmentors. Draco and I went instinctively back to back.

"Scared, Snape?" He questioned, his smirk evident in his voice.

"You wish." I replied, smirking back.

We both bellowed the patronuses in unison, creating a forcefield around us as we moved to apparate. I lost my focus and concentration when I caught sight of my and Draco's patronuses, however. They were both river otters. My side fell, and Draco was entirely and solely surrounded by the shield.

"Snape!" He cried out, stepping over my fallen body to protect me.

"Go, Draco. Go save Hermione. Please. Tell her I love her, but I want you two to be together. I want you to be happy. Tell her that's all I ever wanted for her. Ever since I walked in and she knew what wolfsbane was." I muttered, inevitable pain surging through my body. "Give her this." I pulled out a letter I had written for her from inside my cloak.

"But-" he intervened, determined not to leave me.

"No buts. I promised Narcissa I would protect you and I very well can't do that if you're snogging dementors instead of your true love. Now go, you blithering dunderhead. Go save her." I snapped, not having an argument over it.

"Bless you, Severus Snape. I'll see you in heaven." He said, smiling down at me.

"Go!"

He bolted off, leaving me to the mercy of the dementors as more fake guards rushed out of the dark fortress. I cursed internally, knowing I would die a second time a different man than I had died the first time. The first time, they say I died a hero of war, a savior of thousands, even millions. Now, I die a man who is glad to die. A man who is willing to happily give everything up for love.

Tears flooded my eyes as I looked back on the times her and I had spent together. How she'd been working and our hands would awkwardly touch. At first, it was awkward, but then we would share a laugh and a warm moment. I had never shared that with anyone besides Lily. Lily. I would see her gorgeous smile again. I would see her flame-like hair. I would spend eternity watching Lily with James and Hermione with Draco. I remembered how Hermione had named her child, one who wasn't even related to me, after my mother. She had devoted her firstborn to me by naming in memorial of my mother. How pure and innocent she was. How she always smelled like old books and lilacs. I prayed she would remember me when I was gone. Even more, in a positive light.

All this and more flooded my thoughts as the dementors overtook my sight, and then all was faded to black, and the steady beating of my heart disappeared.