What?

Severus' POV:

I tore off in search of Hermione, but couldn't find her anywhere! Where was that horrid brother of mine and what had he dome now? I swore sometimes we weren't truly related!

I tore through the halls of the school, desperate to find her, but it was as if she had the ability to apparate in the school. It hit me as I finally knew where she was: the Gryffindor rooms! The once place I would never dare to go. I would dare, though. I would dare to go for her, to prove to her that whatever my brother had done was foolishness and horse manure.

I tore up the moving staircases, cursing as I lost my way to a rotating stairway once or twice. I finally made it to the top and leaned on the wall next to The Fat Lady.

"You are not welcome here, you loathsome snake." She remarked rudely, staring at me as if I were her latest murder victim. "Be gone with your unorderly self, or I will report you directly to Dumbledore myself!"

"Please." I begged. "I am true at heart in my intentions. I am looking for a Gryffindor girl. Please."

"Still? You've been looking for this girl since you were eleven! i don't know why you're still here, she doesn't come back anymore." I winced as I realized she meant Lily.

"I'm looking for a different girl now, Eliana. That's right, I know your real name. Even though you berated me, you were one of the only people who spoke to me in my youth. Please, you've known me for years. Let me in to find her. I won't be afraid this time, I'll go in and fix things. Please."

"Fine, Severus. I'll let you in again, but only because you and Dumbledore and one bushy haired girl are the only ones who really know my name. Dumbledore is dead, God rest his soul, and the girl has some interesting stories about you, so I'm left with you who needs help, as always."

"Thank you, Eliana. Lion's Roar." I said the password and entered in a somber tone, not having pleasant memories with this specific dormitory area. Everyone was drowned in red and gold, distasteful colors if you asked me.

Focus! I reprimanded myself for being such an arse. I was here for Hermione, not to criticize the ugly decor. I went first to the common room, then to her old dormitory, but she wasn't anywhere to be seen. It was then I remembered her secret conversation with the Weasley girl on her first day with the children, which had to both of us in trouble and the return of my least favorite Weasley spawn.

I headed to the redhead's room, not caring that first years physically became a part of the nearest wall or window as I skulked by determinedly. I knocked three times abruptly on the wooden door, silently cursing when the red-flamed locks poked out from behind the door instead of the brown waves I was hoping to see.

"What do you want, Professor?" She asked irritably.

"I am looking for Miss Granger, and I have rights to enter every room in this facility. Step aside Miss Weasley." I replied passive aggressively, not having the nonsense she so wished to indulge in.

"Only in a case of emergency, Professor. Hermione taught me that and this is not am emergency, so I'm going to close this door now." She said, slowly beginning to close the door.

"Ah, Miss Weasley. You're wrong there. This is an emergency, as Madame Pomfrey needs Miss Granger immediately and I am requested to bring her there." I lied. I was shocked when she reopened the door and Hermione walked out: I was a horrible liar.

"I will come with you, Professor. Give me just a minute." She said unnervingly and shut the door once more. She returned momentarily in one of her gorgeous sweaters, her soft curls cascading onto the back of her fragile figure. "Shall we be off then? If I remember correctly, you have a potion you need to take in ten minutes to stop your bloody coughing fits for tonight and tomorrow." She said, stepping in front of me and walking down the hall about fifteen feet before pausing and turning back.

"Yes yes. I'm coming." I said, rushing to meet her quick stride towards the hospital wing.

We carried on down the stairs until we reached the cabinet outside the Potions room and I pulled her into the walk-in closet. I quickly put a Muffliato around us before she began loudly protesting my distraction on our supposed route.

"I know what you said was a lie. When you lied about Madam Pomfrey! I could tell the words you said to me were the truth though. That you meant what you said, and that kills me. And if you expect me to forgive you by you kidnapping me in your closet, you are wrongfully mistaken, Severus." She concluded, removing my hand from her mouth.

"Listen. I want to explain and you wouldn't let me! For a know-it-all you sure don't know when to listen to me. I brought you here because you are correct. The person that spoke to you meant whatever horrible words he said, but that sure as bloody hell wasn't me. It was my brother under Polyjuice, I believe. I didn't know any other way to tell you. I'm sorry it had to come to this, but I couldn't stand the thought of you hating me. It was worse than you forgetting my existence." I rushed out. My lungs deflated as the words flowed.

"I can tell you're not lying this time." She said skeptically after thinking for a long minute. "Oh, Severus, you moron. You should have just given me Veritaserum to use on you." She chuckled, leaning up against me. This girl would be the death of me. "I am going to start kissing you in a second, but before I do that, you need your medicine." She said, handing me a transparently turquoise potion off the shelf. "Now drink so I can kiss you, you git." She said.

I swallowed compliantly and bent down for a gentle kiss. She had different ideas, however, as she attacked my lips ferociously, successfully driving me insane.