III

Ethan POV

I looked at my phone and then back to the accident ahead of me. My hands were trembling. I dropped my phone as the realization of everything hit me.

"O-Oh...m-my God." I quivered.

"Are you alright?" Sol asked

"I gotta go"

"What?"

"Grayson was in that accident!"

"What?! Oh my God are you serious?!"

"I gotta fucking go." I said as I grabbed my phone and opened the door, stepping out of the vehicle and running towards the accident.

"No, Ethan! What are you doing!? I can give you a ride!" Sol exclaimed from the driver's seat.

"It's gonna take forever! I gotta get there now." I exclaimed, not bothering to turn around to acknowledge him.

I heard him yell something again but I didn't even try to listen to him. I needed to get to Grayson. Porter Adventist Hospital. I know that one. I had to go there when I hurt my hand. I examined my environment and noticed a familiar building in the distance; maybe 5 or 6 miles away.

I headed in that direction, still running through the mile long stretch of cars. There were so many I know I wouldn't have gotten to my little brother within the hour.

I was running. The world empty. My mind only concentrating on my injured loved one. The crisp fall weather was refreshing. With each intense breath I swallowed more crystal air, freezing my lungs.

As I approached the scene, I pondered why it was holding up traffic so much because the accident wasn't even on the freeway. I didn't worry about it too much though because I had to get to the hospital.

I reached the offramp and saw the complete destruction in front of me. There were paramedics, police officers, and even firefighters putting out a fire caused by a car leaking fuel.

There were people crying and panicking, blood dripping down their foreheads and limbs. The scene was horrific and I almost broke into tears, knowing that Grayson and Cameron were one of them.

Cameron POV

It was bright.

Really bright. Bright enough to scorch my retina. I couldn't see. I couldn't move my hand in front of my eyes to cover the light. It was as if they were pinned down.

I was able to hear indistinct talking however. I was not alone. I blinked a few times but still couldn't seem to shake the blinding light away.

"Cameron?...Cam?!"

I took a deep breathe and shut my eyes long enough to recognize that voice.

"Oh my god you're awake! How are you? Are you okay? Oh my God! Doctor! She's awake!" My mother called out. This time when I opened my eyes I was able to see my surroundings. The bright white lights overhead my...bed? Hospital bed.

"Nurse? Assistant? Receptionist?! God dammit who the fuck runs this place?!" She continued. I laughed very slightly as I tried to sit up in my place.

"Oh Cameron. Are you okay?" She said as she grew closer, rubbing my head with the palm of her hand. She looked as if she were about to cry but was relieved at the same time.

"I'm fine mom." I coughed

"Are you sure? Do you need some water? I don't know where the doctor is but I'm so happy you're awake."

"Yes, I'm fine mom" I laughed through my nose, now sitting up but slouched over. "Where's Grayson? What the hell even happened?"

"Oh honey. Your brother...he-...,he's being prepped for surgery."