Chapter 4: Not Human

[(Y/N)'s POV, Weeks Later]

I flipped as I kicked off of the DeathStalker, landing in front of it perfectly. I pulled my sword from the sheath on my side and charged forward once again, quickly slicing through the first pincer. I paid no mind as the other pincer latched onto my waist and crushed my spine along with various organs. I flipped my sword so it pointed towards the ground then slammed my sword into the head of the DeathStalker, making it let out a terrified screech as it went limp. Once the pincer loosened its grip my spine let off a sickening snapping sound as it healed. I looked around at the other various Grimm that surrounded me. I was currently on a mission to kill Grimm, Ozpin said it was far too many for a normal team so he sent me. While I am apart of Team RWBY I have my own dorm, I'm also allowed to take missions on my own to train myself. I charged forward and slaughtered each Grimm in my path, ignoring the injuries inflicted on me, a deep gash, a missing limb, a broken bone, all of them healed instantly. As I finished only one remained, an Alpha Beowulf. This one, however, was different, it had a large scar across its mask, and didn't seem to want to attack me instead it walked towards me on all fours. Once it got close it began sniffing me, as if searching for something. I held out my hand and it nuzzled against it. I began petting its fur, making it sit and enjoy the sensation.

Me: "You can tell I don't have an aura, huh?"

It seemed to nod as if it understood me. I remember Professor Port talking about some Grimm living for hundreds of years and gaining knowledge from that time.

Me: 'I better get back.'

I patted the Beowulf's head then started walking to the bullhead, which was in a safe area. As I walked I could hear the paws of the Beowulf following me. I turned around and looked at it.

Me: "No, you can't come with me. I'm not sure how people would react to a Grimm following me around."

The Beowulf lowered its head and whimpered.

Me: 'I feel bad... he seems friendly enough...'

I sighed.

Me: "Alright. Let's go."

The Grimm instantly perked up and ran at me, tackling me to the ground and licking my face. I chuckled and got the excited Beowulf off of me. We both began walking back.

Me: "It'll be nice having something in common with someone else. The fact we aren't human."

[Time Skip, To Beacon]

After a bullhead ride with an absolutely terrified pilot, we arrived at Beacon. I stepped off of the bullhead and began the walk to my dorm with my new companion, however before I could get all the way off of the helipad Team RWBY and Team JNPR, who I had been introduced to earlier that week, were blocking my way with their weapons drawn. The Beowulf beside me lowered itself to the ground and shifted its gaze back and forth to all of the students.

Ruby: "(Y/N)! What are you doing!?"

I gave her a confused look.

Me: "What do you mean?"

Weiss: "She means that!"

She pointed to the Beowulf. I looked beside me and started to pet it.

Me: "What about it? It's friendly, see?"