PART 10

"I now pronounce you husband and wife."

Hiyawan at palakpakan ang umiral sa loob ng Orangery dito sa Avington. Evan and Scarlet's wedding ceremony took place under this stunning glass roof and French windows.

Nakihiyaw ako nang nagtama ang mga labi nila. Flashes of camera, greetings and laughters backed the perfect picturesque as petals and confetti's were showered all over the newlyweds.

They were apart for three years. Nabanggit iyon ni Evan sa vow niya. Sa totoo lang inasahan kong katulad ng sa kanila, magkakatagpo kami ni Davina pagkatapos ng tatlong taon. It's been four years now.

With the waiting came the realization. No matter how the two or three scenarios share the same situation, they will always tell different stories. Ours are different.

"Hey, beautiful."

Nilingon ko si Denver sa kanyang British accent. Nahuli kong ningingitian nito ang pinsan ko sa mother side.

"Not her, Denver," tahimik kong sita. One of the Zamorano sisters was being charmed by my lothario cousin. Namula ang mukha nito at umalis.

Nagkibit si Denver at sinusundan ang kanyang paglayo.

The current of people keep on flowing towards the extensive lawn outside the manor for the drinks reception. Kumontra ako sa alon habang may hinahanap. I immediately spotted her fixing Scarlet's gown since siya ang stylist nito sa okasyon.

Nilapitan ko sila at nakiisa sa ibang mga pinsan kong binabati si Evan. Mom's near the French windows chitchatting to my titas. To my utter surprise, my dad's here, too! Now talking to Evan's Irish father. Galing itong New York at dumiretso rito sa London para sa kasal.

"O kayo, kailan?"

Bigla akong inakbayan ni Denver at ninguso si Kelsey sa tabi ko. Nakatingin siya sa bagong mag-asawa katabi ang photographer na kumukuha ng litrato.

Ayokong aminin kay Denver na pumayat siya. Ewan ko kung sadya o dahil na-stress siya sa pag-aaral ng Law.

Humalukiphip ako at nilingon si Kelsey. "Naging tayo ba?"

Umiling siya. "No, definitely not. Just...no." Humagikhik siya.

Binalikan ko si Denver. "You have your answer." At humakbang na sa harap para sa picture taking.

A longing feeling is coursing through me bearing a spawn of wonder if somewhere along this place, as one of the guests, I would see Davina. Kahit saang lugar ako mapadpad, kasama ko ang pag-asang makita siya.

I am kinda' expecting to see her walking along the sidewalks, lying at the middle of the street, or hitching a ride.

Sinubukan kong hindi umasa. Because that's what they said, it would come when you least expect it. But everywhere I go, expectation seems to love me as a company.

There's a force pulling me back to expect and to wait with awareness, so it occurred to me that maybe there is still something for me to hope for.

I am meant to expect because what I'm expecting is meant to happen. Bakit may pupuwersa pa sa aking gawin iyon kahit anong pilit kong ayawin kung hindi ito dadating sa akin?

I have often envisioned that in one look in that side of the street, she would be there looking straight back at me. Longing in her eyes, as pure longing as mine, and I would walk to her direction. Tears and regret mated in her eyes.

Heartbreak is nature, so I won't forgive her for that. She hasn't done anything wrong. The situation was what has wronged us.

My love prevails than the resentment I should have preserved. My love prevails than the hurt she has caused. Every endeavor of moving on only embeds me deeper to my cratered ground. Every attempt is in vain. I'm stuck, Vin. I could never move on. This is my testimonial of trial.