Chapter 12 - Not - So - Smooth Landing

The plane landed with a bump, Matt falling forward into the seat in front of him.

Jack panted as he frantically attempted to slow down the plane. It slowly came to a stop, allowing Matt to breathe. When the plane came to a full stop, Jack took a second to pant.

"Thanks for helping." He said sarcastically.

"I really have no clue how to fly a plane." Matt shrugged jokingly.

"Alright then. The plane has fully stopped. Feel free to step out. I think there's a ladder tucked in the door." Jack pointed to the door. Matt nodded and opened it up. The ladder hit the ground with a clang, as Matt stepped out.

Jack undid his seatbelt, leaning back in the chair with a relived sigh. "Look, buddy, I know this is hard for you, but you're going to have to go along with this, even if you can't remember." Jack called out. But Matt didn't respond.

"Matt?" He tried again.

Jack slowly made his way to the plane's door. As the world outside the plane came into view through the open door, a familiar scene presented itself.

In all of his shock, only one annoyed, and slightly shocked mumble made its way out from under his breath. "Oh come on, again?"

There was another man, someone he didn't recognize, holding a gun to Matt's neck. Matt's arm was pinned behind his back. Matt was giving the occasional struggle, but he was no match for the other guy. Jack slowly made his way down the ladder.

"I've never seen you before." Jack said calmly.

"I'm new." Said the other man, completely unfazed. Matt struggled again, but the man drilled his gun deeper into his neck.

"Taken on by the higher ups? Like your financers or something?"

"Financers? Of the Red Room? Don't compare those sick wannabe youtubers to us." He scoffed.

"You're not with the Red Room?" Jack was confused. "Are you working with them, or against them?" He asked.

"That's none of your business. Now give me the paper that Smith gave you." He demanded.

Paper? Smith? What? Matt tried to wrap his head around it.

"Sorry. Can't. Nate texted it to me. It's on my phone. Only Christina got the paper version." Jack said with a smirk.

"Then give me your phone."

"I can't do that."

"W-what?" Asked Matt.

"Nate gave me and Christina a list of red room members. We were going to force you to remember. But I guess now we have no clue who to watch out for." Jack motioned towards the man.

"Shut up! I swear, I will shoot him! That was the plan anyway! Give me your phone!"

But instead of giving him his phone, Jack leaped into action. He jumped onto the man, knocking Matt out of the way. A small knife fell out of the man's pocket. Matt picked it up quickly and jabbed it into the man's neck. The man let off a gunshot randomly before he fell, but the second he fell to the ground, he was dead.

"Oh my god. I just killed a man." Matt stood back in shock. Then he heard a sudden thud. When he turned around, Jack was on the ground, a bright red blood stain on his shirt.

"Not again..."

Matt tried to stop the bleeding, but there was no way to save him. Jack, with shaking hands, folded his phone in Matt's hands. "C-call Nate. He'll know.... he'll know what to.... to do."

Matt watched in shock as another one of his friends faded away. His body, laying on the cement. With both the blood of Chistina and Jack on his hands, he looked at Jack's phone.

And then he called Nate.