Chapter 1

Brighton's POV

My feet are really sore but I have to keep practicing. I'm auditioning for a ballet school, it's the best school in the country. I'll have to be away from my family but this is my dream.

I have a little sister and an older sister. We're all in ballet, my mother was a principal dancer until she broke her ankle. We all decided to follow in our mothers footsteps when we were 8. My dad walked out on my mom when she was pregnant with my oldest sister.

I'm sort of girly, light colors are amazing. I love to dance, read, hang with my bestie, and design outfits.

"Number 32?" Called an older woman from the judges table. I jumped up quickly and began walking towards the judges. "Why do you dance?" Asked the lady in the middle. "Well my mother was a principal dancer when she was younger but she broke her ankle before she got pregnant with my oldest sister, she always told us stories about her dancing in the academy and my siblings and I decided to start dancing." I replied with a soft tone. "Alright. Where do you go for most of your inspiration?" The man asked. "I watch alot of Sylvie Guille. She motivates me to be the best, to be like her, and to make myself and others proud." I replied pausing to find appropriate words. "Last question. Why do you want into this school?" Asked the principal of the academy. "I want into this academy because it's the best school in the country, it will improve my skills and make my dream of dancing in the Company possible, I'll also be close to my family." I replied. They watched me dance quietly. The judges nodded and I walked away to Jessie.

She smiled and continued warming up.