Chapter 6

“Roo. Wake up. Roo. If you wake up now I’ll give you a ride to school,” Tsubaki said, trying to coax his brother out of his sleep. Ryuu quickly sat up.

“Really?!”

Tsubaki chuckled at this brother’s frizzy hair, which was tangled and free from its usual braids.

“Yes. Now take a shower, when you’re done I’ll bring up breakfast and do your hair,” said the senior walking out of the room. As he walked down the hall way towards the kitchen, he was stopped by a maid.

“Tsubaki-sama your father has requested your presence in his study,” she said timidly, obviously have just come from there.

“Thank you. Please have Ryuu’s breakfast made and sent to his room,” Tsubaki said already steeling himself for whatever criticism his father was bound to have. He stopped in front of the study, and smoothed out his uniform before opening the door.

“Good morning sir. You wished to see me?”

The door slamming was heard throughout the whole mansion.

Ryuu had been worried all day. After Tsubaki had come back to his room that morning he had told Ryuu that he was to go home with Mizu and stay there until Tsubaki said it was okay to come back home. He wanted to know what was going on. He wanted to know why Tsubaki looked scared. Why did Tsubaki look scared? Why did he look sad? What did father say to him to make Tsubaki this way?

‘I hope he’s alright…’ 

Ryuu walked over to his best friend after school had ended.

“Hey Ryuu! Ready to go,” Mizu asked, shoving notebooks and pencils into his bag. Mizu was a happy-go-lucky narcissist and with a dark chocolate brown quiff and eyes to match, along with his soft features, he was second only to Ryuu as the hottest boy in his grade.

“Yes, but can I say goodbye to my brother before we leave,” Ryuu asked as he nodded making his two French braids sway.

“Yeah! I haven’t seen Tsubaki-senpai in a while. I would like to say hi.”

The two boys set off towards the high school at a leisurely pace, speaking about video games and sports and other things they both enjoyed.

Haruhi had noticed at lunch. He had quiet. Too quiet, even for him. He hadn’t teased Tamaki, or made wise cracks at the twins, and he had only made eye contact with Mori-senpai, who also looked worried. She had watched them have a silent conversation, not understanding what was being communicated, only knowing that it had made the youngest senior [A/N Tsubaki is older than Mori but younger than Hani.] very unhappy. The way Mori’s eyebrows drew down just barely, the way his lips twitched, and when Tsubaki looked away, she was 200% positive something had happened.

It was a closed day today, going over planning for future balls and cosplay, and the club was finishing their meeting the doors opened. The boys, with the exception of Tsubaki, and Haruhi were confused to see two middle school boys striding into the room, one with obviously time consuming hair and the other with a creepy resemblance to their newest member.

“Who are you,” the twins asked, voicing the clubs curiosity, not getting up because the younger students were walking towards them. The boys stopped a few feet away from the couches group was sitting, ignoring the twins question and staying silent. The club was shocked once again as Tsubaki got up and walked them.

The tall senior crouched down in front of his look alike and said,

“I’m going to miss you Roo-chan.”

Ryuu launched himself at his brother, hugging him around the neck. He was crying now, and Tsubaki felt his heart break just a little bit.

“Why do I have to go again? I just got back home. I don’t want to leave nii-san, I want to be at home with you,” the boy said half wailing and stuttering through his tears.

“I know, akachan, I know. I don’t want you to leave, but it’s not safe at home. I love you very much Roo,” the older boy said stroking his younger brother’s hair.

As Haruhi witnessed this, she realized why Tsubaki had been quiet all day. Tsubaki sending Ryuu away meant one of a few things, and was worried for the both of them. Haruhi scanned the confused group of boys eyes landing on Mori, who had a look in his eye, one she couldn’t quite grasp.

“I love you too…”

The senior let go of his brother, and wiped his tears away. He looked at his brother, eyes warm and full of love.

“I want you to have fun at Mizu’s house okay?”

The younger boy sniffled and replied, “Okay.”

“Hi Tsubaki,” Mizu said waving. Unlike Ryuu, he was aware of what was going on and he thought that Tsubaki was the greatest person on the face of the earth. Tsubaki hugged the other boy and said,

“Take care of him.”

Mizu nodded and grabbed Ryuu’s hand saying, “We should go…”

Ryuu looked at his brother as he gave him a kiss on the forehead, and walked out the room holding hands with Mizu, looking back once before the door closed.

“Tsubaki… who was that,” asked Tamaki as the older boy sat down again.

“My little brother Ryuu and his best friend Mizu.”

Tamaki wanted to squeal and talk about how cute they were together, but refrained because he now knew something was wrong. Very wrong

“Why are you sending him away,” inquired the twins.

Tsubaki was silent, drawing in a couple shuddery breaths. After a moment he answered very quietly.

“I am sending him away… because my mom is coming home.”

“And that’s a bad thing,” Hikaru said not quite understanding why Ryuu was being sent away.

“Yes, it’s a very bad thing,” Tsubaki said closing his eyes and rubbing his temples.

“Because…” Karou trailed looking for more information.

“Because she is a cruel, cold hearted bitch and deserves no love from anyone, especially not Ryuu, who is naïve enough to forgive her for hurting him.”

At this point tsubaki was too angry to speak. He stood up, grabbed his bag and left the club room. The bang of the door resonated through the music room, shocking the club out of a stupor. They all looked at each other in shock, one thought going through their minds.

‘What did she do to make him hate her that much?’