Chapter 13

Guess who's back~! Sorry I've been gone so long lovlies but to make for it another cahpter in a couple of hours.

WARNING: Teenagery themes below.

It was just another day of club. The twins were causing mischief, Kyouya was writing in his notebook/Death Note, Tamaki was wooing the ladies with his princely charms, Hani and Mori were being adorable together, and Haruhi was, as always, being her natural self. Tsubaki and honorary host Ryuu were casually chatting with the ladies surrounding their table. So it was a quite a shock when the doors banged open and a loud feminine voice sang,

“Honey I’m home~!”

The club all looked to the woman dressed in a light grey pantsuit who entered the doors. She was beautiful; even in her late fifties, she had this glow about her. Her white hair was pinned in a stylish up-do, her obsidian eyes twinkling, as she spoke rapidly into a cell phone.

“Luna,” Ryuu squealed, running over to the woman and hugging her tightly. Tsubaki watched his little brother hug his god mother, happy she was back as well.

“Oh honey I missed you so much,” Luna squealed, hugging Ryuu tightly.

“Um Tsubaki? Who is that,” Haruhi asked, deadpanning as the woman lightly pinched Hani’s cheeks, fawning over him.

“That is my god mother Luna Kotoshi,” Tsubaki grinned.

“Luna, meet the host club.”

Tsubaki introduced each of his friends to her, explaining what they did in the club as well. Luna sat in a chair across from Kyouya, quietly talking as club finished up. As the rest of the girls left Luna stood, looking regal as a queen. She turned to god sons and smiled brightly.

“I am taking you boys to dinner so hurry up,” she said excitedly. Tsubaki and Ryuu grabbed their belongings and left with Luna, bidding the host club farewell. Tsubaki listened to Ryuu and Luna discussing school, sports, and hobbies all through dinner. He didn’t say much, he would talk to her later when Ryuu was asleep. As they drove home, Luna gave Tsubaki that look. The look that said ‘I-know-something-that-you-don’t-know’. And it wasn’t a sly look; it was a pensive, broody one.

‘Uh oh,’ Tsubaki thought.

‘I knew she wouldn’t just show up out of the blue…’

Tsubaki pulled into the driveway, tossing the car keys to Kaito, and then leading everyone inside.

“I need to talk to your father boys, goodnight,” Luna said, walking in the direction of the study.

Tsubaki helped Ryuu with his homework for the better part of an hour then got him ready for bed. When he was sure his little brother was asleep, Tsubaki went to his room, doing his own homework. He tried to focus but he couldn’t; not with this ominous feeling in his stomach.

“Tsubaki,” Luna’s muffled voice came through the door of his bedroom.

“Come in,” he called, finally finishing his papers business management class and PowerPoint on the downfall of the Kurosaki medical company. He spun around and stood as the door opened, walking towards his couch.

“Take a seat,” he commanded, gently.

Luna sat down and smiled sadly.

“You look more and more like your father every time I see you,” she said avoiding the topic, which was still unknown to Tsubaki.

“You’re stalling,” Tsubaki said. He and Luna had a very straight forward relationship. Beating around the bush usually didn’t happen between the two of them.

“For once, I really just don’t know what to say,” Luna said, chuckling at the irony. She could talk a mile a minute most days. Tsubaki chuckled as well then looked her.

“Just tell me,” Tsubaki said softly, bracing himself.

“I have some bad news.”

There were several reasons why Takashi liked Tsubaki.

One of them being that Tsubaki wasn’t someone who made it their mission to get him to talk. Takashi appreciated that; it wasn’t often when someone took his silent demeanor in stride. Most people just got used to it. Tsubaki was a refreshingly sad person. And as weird as that sounded; the fact that Tsubaki held that sadness made him wise for someone his age. It was a relief to get a break from all of the self-absorbed entitlement that filled the halls of Ouran Academy.

Takashi had discovered that he found his friend incredibly attractive.

It was hard not to. His smile was dazzling, always a seductive half grin that drove the girls (and himself) wild. His eyes were a deep, storm-cloud grey that could read you like a book.

The youngest third year** had also discovered that he liked long hair. Specifically on guys. There was something so erotic about how his hair draped around his body, like an inky water fall of soft silk that swayed when he moved.

Yeah. Takashi had a crush. But he was content with being friends. For now at least. And as he watched the object of his affection enter the club room for their annual morning meeting he knew it wouldn’t be long until he would need more.

Mitskuni pranced over to a very happy looking Tsubaki, Usa-chan held tightly to the little blonde’s chest.

“Good morning Hani,” Tsubaki greeted, scooping him into a hug. Hani giggled as his friend carried him over to the couch and sat him next to Takashi. Tsubaki plopped on the other side of the tallest senior and smiled at him.

“Hey Takashi,” he said. Takashi smiled slightly in response.

“Wanna stay the night at my house tonight,” Tsubaki asked as he pulled hair into pony tail.

“Yeah,” Takashi answered quietly, nodding.

“Great, Ryuu’s going to Mizu’s tonight and I don’t wanna be alone,” Tsubaki said, whispering the last bit of his sentence.

Takashi furrowed his eyebrows in thought. Tsubaki seemed genuinely happy… But something was wrong. And he had a feeling he would out later tonight.

** Honey’s Birthday is Febuary 29th, Tsubaki’s is April 15th, and Takashi’s is May 5th