Chapter 8

So here is another chapter, and to be completely honest I’m not exactly happy with this. This was the fourth time writing it out and it still sucks. If you think different comment, it would make my day. Any way follow, favorite, comment!

-Meenah

        Tsubaki was happy, in pain, but happy. He was on his way to school Ryuu sitting next to him in the passenger seat yammering about how excited he was to meet his friends, officially, today. Last night’s reunion with Ryuu had put Tsubaki in a really good mood. His mom wouldn’t be around until next year, Ryuu was happy, and well… everything was calming down. But Tsubaki couldn’t help but worry if this was the calm before the storm. His father was being unusually nice to him. This morning he had eaten breakfast with the two boys and wished them luck with their studies. This put Tsubaki on edge, but he chose to put that aside… for now.

Tsubaki pulled into his paid for parking spot, and turned off the engine, taking the key out of the ignition. He looked to his brother, who’d suddenly gone quiet, and asked,

“Would you like me to walk you to class,” knowing the reason Ryuu was quiet was that he didn’t want to leave.

“Yeah,” the younger boy trailed and opened the door climbing out. Tsubaki joined his brother on the sidewalk after grabbing his backpack and locking the doors. Ryuu grabbed Tsubaki’s left hand with his right and glued himself to his brother, who had started walking towards the middle school building. They soon reached room 3A and Tsubaki opened the door and steeped in letting go of Ryuu’s hand turning towards him. He hugged his brother tightly mumbling,

“Have a good day Roo. Don’t forget to come to club after school. Okay?”

Ryuu nodded and looked up at his brother and smiled.

“Of course. Don’t get too bored without me!”

“I’ll try,” Tsubaki smirked and winked, walking towards the door.

Tsubaki smiled and exited the class room, not before hearing a chorus of ‘awwwwwwe’s coming from Ryuu’s female classmates.

        Sitting in a chair for hours at a time did nothing for Tsubaki’s sore lower back. He was good at not showing it though, or at least hiding it from his customers.

“Tsubaki! How are you today?”

“I’m doing okay. But it’d make my day if you’d smile.”

‘Insert a swoon here…’

“You’re so sweet Tsubaki!”

“You’re too kind. I’m just being nice to pretty girls; I’m perfectly capable of being a bad boy.”

‘And a wink there…’

“Oh I would love to see that!”

“I can already see it!”

“Tsubaki you’d look so great in leather!”

‘Add a sultry look to the mix…’

“I could never look as great as you do now ladies, but thank you kindly.”

‘Complete with an empty compliment…’

“Oh Tsubaki,” the girls sighed with blushes on their cheeks and hearts in their eyes.

‘And they’re yours. Hook, line, and sinker.’

        To say Tsubaki was irritated was an understatement. He was livid. He supposed it was because theses girls gave something so precious away to somebody they barely even know. He was angry because they seemed so unintelligent. Anybody could see that all these boys were just flirting. Empty compliments, small talk, and goo-goo eyes has absolutely nothing to do with love. With love it was different. It was aching to talk to a person after a quick glimpse; it was a nervous, stutter-y, just-wanted-to-see-your-face-because-I-already-know-your-soul-is-beautiful kind of getting to know you. But even that wasn’t love; it was only the beginnings of such.

        Club came to an end after an agonizing two hours and Tsubaki was all but pulling his hair out because Ryuu hadn’t shown up yet. He was just about to call the military, when the pink doors burst open revealing a disheveled Ryuu. His braids were undone; hair hanging in his face and his uniform was wrinkly. Tsubaki was by his side in an instant, the rest of the club trailing behind him.

“Ryuu what happened,” Tsubaki asked, concern clearly showing on his face. Ryuu looked at his brother, running a shaky hand through his hair pushing it out of his face, and said but one thing.

“Tsubaki… I hate high school girls.”

The club was silent for a moment and in unison they all, with exception of all the three ravenettes in the room, asked

“What?”

“Look at what they did to my hair! Do you know how long it takes to fish tail all of my hair,” the younger boy exclaimed clearly frustrated, “it takes forty-five minutes to get perfect braids with hair this long! They undid it in three,” Ryuu was practically screeching now. The boys and Haruhi all looked to Tsubaki, not quite sure how to handle the situation.

“So you’re okay? Your not hurt anywhere,” the Tsubaki asked noticing the weird looks he was getting from his friends.

“You mean besides my bleeding ears and possibly missing hair? Yeah I’m just peachy,” Ryuu muttered. He was then pulled into a gentle embrace by his brother, who whispered apologies and comforting words, in between kissing the top of his head. Once his brother was in a better mood, the senior turned to his friends and said,

“Guys, this is my little brother Ryuu. Ryuu this is Mori, Hani, Haruhi, Tamaki, Kyouya, Hikaru, and Karou,” Tsubaki had pointed to each person as he said their name and when he was done looked down at his brother.

“Hi, nice to meet you,” Ryuu said hiding behind his hair, embarrassed that these upper class men had seen his mini temper tantrum.

“Hello Ryuu! My name is Tamaki! I can already you’ll be a great addition to this family! I’ll tell you-, “Tamaki continued to go on and on about the club’s so called family while Ryuu whispered to his brother,

“Is he always like that?”

Tsubaki chuckled, not even having to look at his brother to know he was weirded out. The older boy nodded and whispered fondly back,

“All the time.”