Chapter Four

Those big green eyes stared up at him. He'd forgotten how short she was--or had he gotten taller?--five-foot-two of beautiful curves and a heartless soul. Her hair was shorter than he remembered, the soft curls just barely passing her shoulder, and her eyes were still the intense jade green and holy shit.

He mentally punched himself. She was girl he bumped into last night. She was the girl in his dreams. How did he not realize it until now? But more importantly, why?

Emotions swirled inside of him. He wanted to pull her close and kiss her until she forgot her own name, he wanted to curse at her and try to hurt her like she hurt him. He wanted to stared into her beautiful eyes forever and he wanted to disappear so he never had to see them again.

Her stance made it seem like she was closed off, arms held close to her body, her fingers fiddling with each other. She bit her lush bottom lip and looked up at him. His dick instantly got hard. He didn't remember that look doing that to him before.

"You two know each other?" Rampage asked, gesturing between him and Shiloh.

"Used to," he said. He noticed how she hadn't answered his question and then something on her finger caught his attention. He almost punched the fucking wall.

She must have noticed because she gasped and covered her hand. Her face had drained of all color and worry flashed into those puppy dog eyes.

He stepped up to her, real close, and said, "Fuck. You."

He turned away before he did something he'd regret. Like hit something or--God forbid--kiss her. He hadn't kissed those lips almost ten years. And judging from the fucking size of the rock on her finger, he wouldn't get a chance to do it again. Not that he would. He thought he had finally gotten over her--well the he'd-never-see-her-again kind of over her.

The thought of seeing her again had crossed his mind over the years, but when he found out she moved to New York, he figured that he wouldn't have to worry about that anymore. The thought of her being engaged and coming back for the wedding never crossed his mind. He knew she wanted to get married on the hill, part of him hoped she'd changed her mind, and another thought she left him because she didn't want to get married. Seeing her now for the reason she was here brought up a whole lot of hurt and anger.

Terror stormed through the clubhouse. He wanted to head to the bar, but he needed to find one of the girls or Falcon. As he searched for someone, he did his best to calm his nerves and let the adrenaline of seeing her go.

He finally found Fawn outside, watching her daughter attempt to climb the play set. "Thank fuck I found you."

She looked over at him, her smile disappearing. "What's wrong?"

"Is Trish here?"

"No.. Tommy--"

"Just keep her away from the clubhouse for a few hours."

"Why?" Fawn asked, exasperated.

"She's here." He said. As he turned he heard her curse and knew that she was pulling out her phone.

Once he made it to the bar, he was glad to see Viper and Hacker. Viper was good to have around if you needed to be cheered up or distracted. Hacker, it was just good to see him. If he wasn't in his lair then he was with his girl, Olivia. They'd been together for about seven months but they were already engaged.

"Hey, brother," Viper said. "Looks like you need a drink."

Terror just shook his head and sat down, grabbing the shot the prospect put in front of him. He slammed it back and before the prospect poured another, he asked for a beer.