Two

There's nothing left to lose. There's no more heart to bruise. There's no greater power than the power of goodbye.
- Madonna

I was so glad that only Luca, and not Alessandro was the one taking me home. I really didn't like that guy.

" Ti sei divertito , giglio?" Luca asked as I strapped myself in the passenger seat of his Bugarti.

(Did you have fun, lily?)

"My name is Isabelle. I'm sure Don told you. And you guys know I don't know Italian, so maybe you should stop talking as if you are in L'Italie. ?" I rolled my eyes.

"Sí," He grinned. "L'Italie is French, by the way."

"I know."

Luca winked at me. "You're Don's nicest conquest ever."

"I'm not his conquest."

He shrugged, an amused smile playing on his lips.

Weird cult.

"So are you guys a cult or something?" I asked as he began driving and got out into the city. He had brought me to a deserted area, some large building that looked non functioning, but had people inside nonetheless.

"You didn't figure out what we are yet?" Luca laughed.

I shook my head. "I figured you're an illegal cult. Headed by Don."

"Well, you're partially correct." He sighed. "I've vowed to a code of silence,"

"Like Omerta?"

"What?"

"Code of Silence - like the Omerta? The Sopranos?" I asked.

"Oh," He let out a large breath. "Sí. Like that."

"And you're not gonna break that?"

"No. But if you deserve to know about us, Don will tell you."

I nodded. "Okay. What's your favorite color?"

He blinked at me. "Yellow. Yours?"

"Red. Do you have a pet?"

He shook his head. "Nope. Do you?"

"Nah. Any weird fetish?"

"Why are we having this interview session, giglio?"

"We're playing twenty one questions, Luca." I rolled my eyes.

"You're weird." He just looked at me for a while.

"Oh I know. So fetishes?"

-------------------------------------------------------------

When Luca pulled in in front of my apartment, Aiden, my roommate/best friend came rushing out, threw the car's door open, and punched him in the face.

And that led to a brawl - which resulted in Aiden getting a broken nose, and Luca - a busted lip.

Currently, both were sitting on my couch and helping themselves with a first aid box.

"Izzy, seriously, why have you brought this douche home?" Aiden said.

Luca glared at him from the corner of his eye. "Shut up, little boy."

"Fuck off, oldie."

I rolled my eyes at the scene before me. Were they little kids?

"Luca, please don't kill him. He's just very protective." I pleaded as Luca's hand went to his gun holster.

"Why does he have a gun?" Aiden yelled. "I'm going to call 911."

"He's a cop." I lied smoothly. Drama classes in grade 8 had helped.

"Oh."

"I'll leave now, giglio." Luca said. "See you later."

I nodded. "Yes, thanks for bringing me home. Tell Don I said thanks too."

Luca smirked. "Will do."

Aiden took three minutes to burst after Luca walked out of the door.

"Don? You're associating with the mafia now?" He yelled at me.

I flinched. "His name is Don, Aiden."

I was met with a roll of his eyes. "Fine. Just call whenever you're staying out overnight, okay?"

"Yep." I kissed his cheek. "Drive me to uni?"

College was good. Better than high school atleast. I was majoring in English Literature, and Aiden was getting a degree in architecture.

I had missed first and second class, so when I walked into English, Landon and Felicia practically jumped over me. They were twins. Felicia was older by two minutes. We had most of our classes together. Landon was majoring in advertising, and Felicia, like me, English.

"Where have you been, bitch?" Felicia smacked the side of my head.

Landon glared at her. He had developed a protective attitude towards me.

"I slept in." I lied smoothly. Landon caught my gaze, glaring hard at me, now.

"Sure, Izzy?" He asked. I gave a silent nod. He ran a hand through his blonde locks, messing them up a bit. He was pretty handsome. But I didn't see him that way. Aiden kept on saying he had the hots for me. His words, not mine.

I rolled my eyes as Landon slipped in beside me in the last row, leaving Fell to look for a seat for herself.

"You should be nice to your sister." I admonished playfully.

"I'd rather be nice to you." He said with a straight face. I laughed.

"Hey," Landon caressed the back of my hand, "Felicia and I are going to watch Married To The Mob tonight. Its up in that cinema that plays old movies. You wanna come? You can bring Arden."

Ofcourse, Landon knew it was Aiden, and not Arden. He and Aiden had major bad blood.

"Its Aiden, Lan. Arden is a girl's name."

"Yes," He sighed, "Aiden."

"I think I'll pass. I've got to work."

Oh shit. Work!

He shrugged. "As you wish, Izzy."

Just a filler chapter. Thanks for reading! :)