Fifty five

Phil sits in his room, waiting patiently for Dan to come back online so he can strike up a conversation, when his older brother Martyn strolls in at takes a perch on the edge of Phil's bed.

For a minute or two Martyn just sits there, chewing on a sandwich, just staring at Phil, who was looking at him in anticipation, waiting for Martyn to explain his presence.

"You okay little bro?" Martyn finally speaks up, and Phil spins his office chair back round towards his desk and glues his eyes back onto the screen,
"Alright I guess" Phil grunts,
"Waiting for someone to come online?" Martyn asks, and Phil nods,
"Yeah, just a friend from... school" Phil lies, and Martyn nods.

"Dan Howell by any chance?" Martyn grins, and Phil's eyes burst open,
"Who?" Phil tries to act oblivious to Martyn's comment, while inside his heart beat's pace quickened dramatically. How did Martyn know Dan?

"Don't pretend you don't know who I'm talking about Philip, I can tell by your panicked expression that you know exactly who I'm talking about, besides you honestly didn't think someone you just randomly met off the internet would really care about you that much now, did you?" Martyn questions, and slowly Phil shakes his head.

"Why do you do this, Martyn?" Phil asks his older sibling, and Martyn just shrugs.
"Because I can" he laughs, "and thanks to Dan I know more than enough" Martyn lies, as he slowly walks out Phil's bedroom, shutting the door behind him.

Slowly, Phil reaches out and switches off his computer, and dives onto his bed, crying into his pillow.