we're broken people

michael

I notice my best friend Ashton.
He is riding his bike home as usual.
Calum climbs into his car, his teammates getting in with him.
Only one game left and that's tonight, we're all going to watch it.
Luke, expressionless and silent as he walks down the road without me.
They're all my friends.
But we each suffer through our problems alone and together.
Ashton is suicidal, Calum is abused, Luke is mute, and I have anger issues.
We're broken people.

Somebody could be going through the same exact thing as I am, but I'd never know it because my uncle states I don't get out a lot.
He says I don't see the world, don't interact with it.
He says don't end up like me Michael, hooked up to an oxygen machine because you sucked in too many of those cancer sticks.
And then he tells me not to suck too many cocks either, it will turn you gay.

Once I am home I greet my uncle.
He's getting closer and closer to his end because he won't give up all the shit that has ruined him and his age.
I speak to him everyday, his lungs may be ash and his heart may be shattered but it doesn't mean his brain is shrivelled.
He's so wise and inspiring, but I don't hear too many of those ideas because he is close to losing his voice, says the smoke polluted his lungs and his throat.
He says fuck freedom of speech when some of us don't even have the option to stand and speak.
I love Uncle Cooper.

I head to the basement, it holds my room and an old entrance to a bunker.
The bunker is where I like to go when the coding in my brain malfunctions and I go fucking insane again.
When I say insane, I mean I'm on the verge of hurting someone.
I seem to come across more shit that's messed up about me everyday.
Nobody knows about my home except me.
I'm too ashamed to invite my best friends into this shithole.
I open my closet, pulling out faded blue ripped skinnies along with a blink-182 tank.
I leave my old clothes on the floor in a scattered mess.
I go upstairs to find my uncle still on the couch.
His eyes are fixated on the broken television.

"M'heading out to the game."
"Stay safe then."

»

hi everyone i unpublished this book for editing purposes because i wrote this years ago and it was poorly written

but please enjoy