Chapter 5: A New Ruler, A New Queen [Revising and Editing]

(A/N: Multimedia again at the side. Sain's Theme song for Alfea)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rubbean Kingdom

Sain POV

I've taken Alfea with me here in our Kingdom so that she could have a real rest after everything that has happened, besides our kingdom is enroute to the Sapphirian Valley.

"Your Majesty, I've heard about what happened to Maester Owen" uncle said with his blank face. I can't even feel the sincerity in his voice.

"Uncle..." I started, my voice sharp giving him a warning on how he should behave, especially that Alfea is with me.

"Well it has always been the fate of Sapphirians, they live only for the quest of knowledge until  eventually they die." He still continued his words full of hate.

That's it I knew he would start off again with his attitude. And this time I can't let it pass, not to Alfea.

"Minister!" my voice echoed in the room as I scold him with his rudeness, I looked into his eyes; I know my ruby eyes were already burning red because of how he acted. "I've let go of your rudeness to my friends, I've let it pass to show my respect to you, 'but' for you to show such behavior to this girl, I can never let it pass. You don't have any right to talk that way, to the woman who'll soon be your Queen!" I continued almost shouting at him.

"Queen?!" His face so surprised on what he has heard.

Then I felt somebody tugging my shirt at the back.

"S-sain, it's alright. I'm alright" I heard Alfea, her voice always soft and serene. I turned to her and I saw her fake a smile.

Though she said that it is alright for her, for me it isn't. Even the way he talks to Lyn, it was never ok to me, but I was just letting it go to avoid any more conflicts, but it would be a different scenario if he'll be impolite to Alfea "now".

"Sain! It can't be! I will never allow it! I won't allow you to marry a low  Sapphirian like her, you are a pure blooded royal Rubbean and you must only wed a Rubbean who shares the same nobility like you!" Uncle said, being hysterical about the matter.

Its been a long tradition that we Rubbeans must maintain the purity of our race, thus must mary another Rubbean. Though as time pass by some Rubbeans were marrying other races.

"Don't tell me what and what not to do 'Minister', I can't remember any law that restrains me in marrying someone from a different race. It may be a tradition, but it was never a law. You must have really forgotten how to act properly, the Jades and the Sapphirians may don't have a Kingdom like us, but Alfea and Lyndis are still of royal blood from their race, so you must give the proper address, behavior and respect that you are giving me and Milanor to them. Do you understand me 'Minister'?"  I said unto him, stressing out his position, as well as Alfea's and Lyndis'. 

"Still! Sain I won't allow it! It would be a lot better if the woman you'll marry comes from the same level of society as you. It would be better if your 'wife' could help you in running the Kingdom and somebody who was raised like you." I thought he will back off, but no, my uncle doesn't really want to listen to me. His spirit is still unbreakable.

I've known for so long, that uncle had always wanted to be the King, but we all knew that it cannot happen, as the crystals can never be transferred to him. That's also the reason why eversince I'm born he's been setting me up with his daughter, since we're not really blood related, and because of what he had said my temper's quickly dropping to its limit.